Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 04:45 AM   #1
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
K3 not charging

When i plug my K3 into computer i get the following text on Kindle screen:

Code:
If you want to use your Kindle, please eject your Kindle from your computer.

Currently your Kindle is not charging
Why is it not charging? And what should i do to charge it from my PC?
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Did you properly disconnect the Kindle from the computer? If you just unplug it rather than clicking on the icon in the taskbar so you can "safely disconnect your kindle" that might be part of your problem. If nothing else having it restart might clear it. Try going to "Settings" and then "Menu" and choose "Restart" and see if that clears things.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 02:52 AM   #3
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Maybe it's full battery? Try ejecting it.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Did you properly disconnect the Kindle from the computer? ......... Try going to "Settings" and then "Menu" and choose "Restart" and see if that clears things.
That's not it - when i connected K3 to my laptop i get the good message:
Code:
If you want to read or shop on your
Kindle while continuing to charge
over USB ... blah blah blah
So, it does not look like it is device issue. Still i'd like to know why it does not charge from my PC (win 7-32b)
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
You might need to check DEVICES - how to get to them varies depending on the version of Windows. USB ports can be modified in DEVICES to charge or not charge or power down (to save power). Also, some folks find that not all usb ports on ONE computer are the same. Sometimes the ones in front or back are actually "hubs" and don't always provide full functions (I don't care what the standards dictate!).

Also, the different versions of Windows work differently regarding that message about use while charging. In some cases you can use Explorer and right click on the device and EJECT and it will return the kindle to your control and keep charging. In other versions you need to use the Safely Remove icon in the task tray. On my netbook, I cannot use the k3 while it is plugged in. On my desktop I can. Quirks!!!
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert