Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Old Favorites: Decided to re-read Thieve's World from the beginning

I don't know why but they popped into my head this AM. The Thieve's World anthologies were some of my earliest exposure to the SF Fantasy genre. Loved the stories. One top of the adventure the stories offered, there was also the fact the anthologies were a collective effort from multiple authors over time. I already enjoyed Robert Lynn Asprin's writing but learned that Lynn Abbey was a great writer as well. Sort of funny was given the common name of Lynn between the two I was forever thinking it was Robert Lynn Abbey as "the" author...d'oh!!???

Here is the Wiki link for the whole series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thieves'_World

I like some, but not a lot, of the SF Fantasy books and get tired of them after the first few books or so, but this one was so early for me that I had not become too picky about the stories, fortunately for the most part the stories were all solid with interesting characters as well as multi-faceted plot lines. I happen to enjoy a book with several plot lines and character arcs happening at the same time. Somehow books in that style seem more real to me, and more interesting.

It is nice to read there are new works in the Thieve's World as well.

Anyway hope this reminds someone about the series or even lets someone find a fun "new" series...but really series is not the best way to describe it...eh, good enough considering the fog I am fight through today...hahaha...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:33 AM   #2
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
That was sort of a product of the D&D craze of the early 80s which made fantasy really really popular (sort of like the zombie craze of today). First half dozen books were pretty cool but after that sort of...eh.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert