Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Book Information in the Bookshelf.

When you hold down the center button of the PB360 while you're in the bookshelf, you get an option for "information" about the book you have highlighted.

Is is possible to change what information is displayed here? I think it would be a fantastic place to put a description of the book. I keep a spreadsheet of all my book/fanfic descriptions, but it would be so much easier not to have to go to that every time I want to read something new.

I was going to put this in the Wanted thread, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't already something I could do.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
This doesn't answer your specific question but another option, if you use Calibre to manage your books, is to create your epubs with a 'jacket page' immediately after the cover, showing Series_Name/Number, Description plus any Tags you have assigned.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
That still means you have to go into each book individually to see what they are. Series name/number should already be shown by the title you save the book as. For people like me with a couple thousand books on their reader it would be great to be able to view a summary if you can't remember what a book was about.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #4
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
That still means you have to go into each book individually to see what they are. Series name/number should already be shown by the title you save the book as. For people like me with a couple thousand books on their reader it would be great to be able to view a summary if you can't remember what a book was about.

-Marcy
That was exactly my thought, Marcy. I have thousands of books/fanfics and being able to quickly see what each one is without having to load the book would be ideal.

At the moment, the information screen shows Filename, File Type, Date Written and something else, I don't have my reader with me at the moment to check. I'd love if there was a way, whether it be automatic or manual for us to put in a description or summary of each book/file. I'd happily go through all of mine manually to do this if there was a way of doing it. It would probably take days at least, but well worth it in the end.

@jackie_w, I do have summaries of all my fanfics on the title page of my files, but it still means taking the time to load each one to find that information. The information screen takes a couple of seconds at most.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
Is is possible to change what information is displayed here? I think it would be a fantastic place to put a description of the book. I keep a spreadsheet of all my book/fanfic descriptions, but it would be so much easier not to have to go to that every time I want to read something new.
I would love that as well!
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
jessc
Enthusiast
jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle Paperwhite
That would be a seriously awesome feature! Count me among those who would love to see it.
jessc is offline   Reply With Quote