Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
RonF
Zealot
RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300, K3 WiFi, K4 NT, PW2
K3 Wifi - In Stock at Amazon

Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation
Price: $139.00 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
In Stock.
Want it delivered Friday, September 17? Order it in the next 20 hours and 33 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.
--------------------------------
So, that should mean EVERYONE that has ordered it should have received an email that it is shipping.
The 3g is a different story though:
Due to strong customer demand, Kindle is temporarily sold out. Order now to reserve your place in line. Orders are prioritized on a first come, first served basis. Orders placed today are expected to ship on or before September 22nd.

RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post
So, that should mean EVERYONE that has ordered it should have received an email that it is shipping.
I sent Kindle support an email asking that very question since the last email I received was on the 12th telling me that my Kindle will ship on the 21st or 22nd.

Not that I am anxious about getting my hands on a Kindle, or anything like that, nope, not at all.
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I just ordered mine, and the "estimated" delivery date is FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 17!!!

'course, I have prime........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #4
oxidation
oxidation began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I ordered my kindle back on september 30th, and it was estimated to ship on September 22nd. A couple days ago the shipping date was pushed forward to tomorrow.

So yeah, I expect most people who have ordered the Wifi only version to receive theirs either this week or early next week.
oxidation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #5
RonF
Zealot
RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne_Matheson View Post
I sent Kindle support an email asking that very question since the last email I received was on the 12th telling me that my Kindle will ship on the 21st or 22nd.

Not that I am anxious about getting my hands on a Kindle, or anything like that, nope, not at all.
You can try this - Go into your order, change the shipping method, then immediately change it back to what you want. That may kick it into a different date.

I had to change my CC info and the date changed to +1 extra day. I did what I stated above (from 2 day to Super Save, back to 2 Day) and my ship date went -2 days. So in effect I got it shipped 1 day earlier than what they stated.
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #6
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur

Quote:
You can try this - Go into your order, change the shipping method, then immediately change it back to what you want. That may kick it into a different date.

I had to change my CC info and the date changed to +1 extra day. I did what I stated above (from 2 day to Super Save, back to 2 Day) and my ship date went -2 days. So in effect I got it shipped 1 day earlier than what they stated.
Thanks for the idea, but I think I'll just wait for the CS folks to address my question now that I submitted it. It is a bit disappointing to see that I could order it today and get it shipped and received the same as my order two weeks ago, when 2 weeks ago it was touting first come, first served orders.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:46 AM   #7
ODPots
ODPots began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'd placed an order with free shipping this morning and recieved an estimated shipping date of the 21st. I followed RonF's advice and it did indeed change my estimated ship day from the 21st to the 20th. Don't think it affected the estimated arrival time though.

Dwayne, I contacted CS about my 6 day wait between order and shipping and got a long canned response essentially saying, "if you want it sooner, update your shipping method."
ODPots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:57 AM   #8
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODPots View Post
Dwayne, I contacted CS about my 6 day wait between order and shipping and got a long canned response essentially saying, "if you want it sooner, update your shipping method."
Shipping method should have nothing to do with when it ships. That factors into when it arrives. What you are saying is that they are giving priority to 2 day shipping and making everyone who orders standard shipping wait. That isn't what the website said 2 weeks ago when I ordered though. It said "first come, first served". A simple concept, I order before you, my order is filled before yours. You get 2 day service and I get standard international shipping you get your Kindle in 2 days and I get mine in 5 - 10 days. I can live with that.

It will get here some day, and I will enjoy it and tell the world how great it is (I am assuming that I will be as thrilled as everyone else) it is only the way this shipping thing is playing out that is not too thrilling for all of us who ordered weeks ago and are seeing our shipping date become later than people who order today.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:57 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODPots View Post
I'd placed an order with free shipping this morning and recieved an estimated shipping date of the 21st. I followed RonF's advice and it did indeed change my estimated ship day from the 21st to the 20th. Don't think it affected the estimated arrival time though.

Right. "Free Shipping" is standard UPS, and that means business days......We're looking at a weekend, which adds two days to the process.

If you have "Prime" you get two day shipping free with each order, no minimum. We buy enough from Amazon especially during the holiday season to make it worth it for us....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:45 AM   #10
sbtx99
Zealot
sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi; Red PRS-650; iPod Touch; Android phone
I ordered my K3 (wifi) on Aug 30 when the website was showing an expected shipping date on or before the 17th. Received an email on the 12th with an estimated shipping date of Sept 20th.

Just checked my account, it still shows "Shipping Soon - Shipping Estimate: September 20, 2010," but it will no longer let me change my order: "This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed."
sbtx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:10 AM   #11
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Be nice if they started prepping orders that were made a week ago....
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #12
Raheldm
Raheldm began at the beginning.

Device: hopefully soon
Quote:
Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation
Price: $139.00 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
In Stock.
Want it delivered Friday, September 17? Order it in the next 20 hours and 33 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.

Sadly no.
Raheldm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:53 AM   #13
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
3G is in stock as well. I just placed my order and chose next day delivery. Amazon says I'll get it tomorrow.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #14
Will2010
Will2010 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtx99 View Post
I ordered my K3 (wifi) on Aug 30 when the website was showing an expected shipping date on or before the 17th. Received an email on the 12th with an estimated shipping date of Sept 20th.

Just checked my account, it still shows "Shipping Soon - Shipping Estimate: September 20, 2010," but it will no longer let me change my order: "This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed."
That's a shame. Don't know what to tell you other than e-mail customer service about your dissatisfaction.

I suppose telling you to be patient would ring hollow since I'm not in your shoes. Good luck and I hope you receive your K3 earlier than you expect.
Will2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #15
RonF
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne_Matheson View Post
Shipping method should have nothing to do with when it ships. That factors into when it arrives. What you are saying is that they are giving priority to 2 day shipping and making everyone who orders standard shipping wait.
Sadly, I believe you are correct. I had an original ship date of 9/13, I had to change billing info, the new date was 9/14 (still with 2 day ship), I changed to Free Super Saver and the ship date stayed 9/14, but the arrival date was a week longer (to be expected). I then went back in and changed from Free back to 2 Day and my ship date went from 9/14 to 9/12, with an arrival of 9/14. So it was sending 1 day sooner than my original order

Like you said, the type of shipping should not effect the day it ships, only the day it arrives. But it appears that it does also change the actual ship date.