Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #31
Luke King
Member Retired
Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I think you are right about how much front page exposure you get. Your success depends to a large extend on how many people upload directly after you.

I've been trying to get some exposure on Wattpad. I'm uploading my next novel chapter by chapter -- a chapter each day as I edit it (see "Forbidden Planet"). It doesn't seem to be working. I was really hoping to get some beta readers before I finally put a price on it, but the site seems to be a competition for teenage girls, and all of them are wroughting the system.

I might try doing the same with it on Feedbooks and see how that goes. I'd really like to find a site where I can upload a chapter a day and know that people are reading it, and expecting the next installment, and then giving me feedback. I suppose that's asking too much.

Does anyone know of such a site? Ideally, I'd like to do this as I write the first draft of something, and then pull the novel down after I have finished it, and then rewrite and edit before publishing.
Luke King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #32
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
@ Luke King... ah if only. I think you'd have more luck on feedbooks than wattapad. I have a bit of stuff on there but the only messages I get are "Yay ur bk ws gr8 can u now read mine". So it seems to be about tit for tat ratings. You could try Authonomy.com although, to be honest it can be more of the same!

It all depends how much time you have. As the full-time carer of a 2 year old who is not yet at nursery, I hardly have time to write let alone do anything else, so to be honest, I know I'll never achieve that kind of nhirvana, then again, if you have the time to crit lots of other people's work, you should get some good feedback.

Cheers

M T M<
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert