Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
jimmyzou
Connoisseur
jimmyzou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader; Kobo; Nook color
maxmize the PDF reading area by printing in Foxit reader

Ok, I know many guys here have become expert in making books for iLiad or Sony.
Making customized book for readers are lot works, and recently I tried PitShop, Acrobat Pro,pdffactory, RasterFarian and odfReader... all of them are good at certain pespects.

I just want share a simple way to enlarge reading area as we can on PDF file, because some PDF leave quite a lot space between contents and borders.
It's not about converting PDF to another, just make the PDF optimized ans stay on current struture, I think it's very useful for iLiad user, for sony user, it's not likely, because it's not enough for most of PDF even after doing this.
(unfortunetly,I'm gonna be a Sony user)

It's very simple, just use Foxit reader(free) open the PDFs, and then print it into PDF again (using acorbat pro/pdfcreator/pdffactory).
The in the printing setting, you can set print 120% or 130% or even 150% whatever, you just need set the percentage when seeing the preview, the you can less the blank as less as you can...
Then print.

It's quite simple, so I guess someone else may have found this way, but anyway, I just want share a little here
jimmyzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Would like to try....where does one find Foxit?
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2007, 09:10 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Use Google, Luke!
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You also might look into simply cropping the margins off your existing PDFs, that'll get rid of your extra whitespace for you.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
NatCh, how do you do that? I'm probably overlooking something but I can't figure out how to do that?
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I don't recall off-hand, grimo1re (I mostly stay away from PDFs), it was discussed a good deal around the forum several months ago, I'd have to run a search.

You'd probably be better off just using something like Rasterfarian.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote