Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #1
Turisti
Turisti began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite, android pad, pc
Hyphenation marks at the line ends

Im trying to convert PDF to mobi that has hyphenation marks at the line ends when word is being cut. When checked the option "remove unnecessary hyphens" in calibre it didn't work for this file. After that I searched quite a bit how to use search&replace to delete them, but with not too good success. Best that I could find was to insert "-<br>" to search regular expression box. That resulted gaps instead of lines between words. Whats next?
Turisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I find it so much easier to use the ebook-editor to fix these kinds of problems rather than spend a lot of time trying to find the perfect conversion setting.
Manually (REGEX mode):
Find: -</p>\s+<p class=".+">([a-z])
Replace: \1

Use the Replace and find button if it needs to be fixed
Use the Find button to skip to the next
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
Turisti
Turisti began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite, android pad, pc
Good to know! Although in this case the document has over 2800 of these hyphens, so I hoped to find some "magic bullet" to fix most of them in conversion. Couple of these would not matter to me anyway. Its just that the text is flooded with them.
Turisti is offline   Reply With Quote