Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
What is the quickest way to transfer files to desktop without using USB or a flash c.

Hi all

I need to be able to merge the comments into my PDF file and to transfer the resulted file to desktop without having to interrupt my reading (that is closing the current document because if that is required then I will use the USB method)

I would prefer wireless if possible .
Any recommendations ?
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Try to ask author of OFTM file manager. There is BigBrother functionality, which works over WiFi. I never fully understood what it is, but it seemed to me that it is for file transfer.

I think he is Kirith from current "Russian thread" on this Onyx Boox forum.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #3
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Hi all

I need to be able to merge the comments into my PDF file and to transfer the resulted file to desktop without having to interrupt my reading (that is closing the current document because if that is required then I will use the USB method)

I would prefer wireless if possible .
Any recommendations ?
Install FTP server on m92 and use any ftp client on your pc to access.
(Can somebody post the link the FTP server - can't find it right now...)
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

I found this one

I hope this is the one you are recommending, thanks for that, I will have a look at it.
PF

Update: none of the links provided via wiki neither the link indicated above worked...:-(

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 11-13-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Quote:
I found this one

I hope this is the one you are recommending, thanks for that, I will have a look at it.
PF

Update: none of the links provided via wiki neither the link indicated above worked...:-(
Well, worry not. What you've found is just a wrapper script. Server itself is already there on your device - it is an Onyx-developed app. Using OTFM, just go to directory /opt/onyx/arm/bin/ and run the file ds_server

Edit: Wait a minute... I saved the copy of install files. Attached is ftp script from Russian forum - to install it, unpack the archive on your Boox and run install.oar. Then go to Applications menu.

Hope the author of the script won't mind.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ftp.zip (5.9 KB, 434 views)

Last edited by janek; 11-13-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
PF4Mobile
Guru

Thaks a lot, I will give it a try today or tomorrow
Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Thaks a lot, I will give it a try today or tomorrow
Could you let me know how it went - if you did try it out?

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJY View Post
Could you let me know how it went - if you did try it out?

Cheers!
CJ
I will but so far I have not even been able to find the time to upgrade to the latest firmware. When I asked the question here I hoped for something quicker
Old 11-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
I will but so far I have not even been able to find the time to upgrade to the latest firmware. When I asked the question here I hoped for something quicker
Understandable, it took me a while to get to it as well. Ok, if I get some time myself one of these days, I shall give it a whirl.

Cheers!
CJ
Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
CJY
Zealot

Three cheers and pints all around for this! It took me all of five minutes to get this going (the last four minutes because I forgot I had my router isolating the M92 from the LAN).

Recommended.

Cheers!
CJ
Old 11-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #11
PF4Mobile
Guru

I was planning to search the answer myself but since you succeeded can you please tell me what is OTFM? Do I have to install that one too ? This is what made me postpone this.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #12
janek
Groupie

Quote:
I was planning to search the answer myself but since you succeeded can you please tell me what is OTFM? Do I have to install that one too ? This is what made me postpone this.
You dont need OTFM to do this. Just download ftp.zip, unpack on boox and run install.oar

OTFM is a file manager for Boox, you will find it lying somewhere around.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #13
CJY
Zealot

Quote:
Doesn't it just refer to the file handler on the device? Either way, I simply installed the FTP server as per above, the device restarted, and there it was in Applications, and straight forward to use.

Cheers!
CJ
Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #14
ljubavracar
ljubavracar began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Hi "janek",
First, thank you for posting ftp.zip file. I found it very useful. I have some problems with USB transfer so I think that FTP is very convenient. But, I can't access to my SD card using this method (FTP). I tried with "mount" script:

#!/bin/sh

mkdir /media/flash/sd_card
mount --bind /media/sd /media/flash/sd_card

and now I can read from SD but I can't write to it. I also tried to change permission but no luck. Since I think this really nice and useful method for transferring files, do you have any more informations which can help? Maybe problem is in ftp server on M92?
Thanks
ljubavracar is offline   Reply With Quote