Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #331
ViktorShchedrin
Connoisseur
ViktorShchedrin began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
There are so many .... I've heard good things about SyncToy - free from Microsoft. I've used PureSync and FreeFileSync. Currently using the former.
many thanks will try each
ViktorShchedrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #332
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorShchedrin View Post
many thanks will try each
You're welcome
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #333
The QCC
The QCC began at the beginning.

Device: Augen EBA701 and Kindle Wi-Fi
Using Microsoft SyncToy with Calibre

The Microsoft tool SyncToy easily synchronizes the Calibre folders.

The Synchronize option will keep both local and "remote" folders identical.
The issue will be remembering to run SyncToy after each Calibre session.
Alternately, you could write a VBScript or JavaScript to start Calibre and run SyncToy when Calibre closes.

SyncToy uses folder pairs, so you can have several images of the Calibre folder on different devices and locations.
The QCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #334
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Wow cool to see and old version of Calibre!
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #335
apiontek
apiontek began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
server syncing

So, if the server locks the database files, and I'm running calibre-server, can I start and run the full calibre? Will full calibre make changes to the database OK?

Is it the case that the server will just not see the changes made by the full program until it is restarted, or does running calibre-server and then opening calibre and making changes cause problems?
apiontek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #336
solomon
Connoisseur
solomon began at the beginning.

Device: Win 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by apiontek View Post
So, if the server locks the database files, and I'm running calibre-server, can I start and run the full calibre? Will full calibre make changes to the database OK?

Is it the case that the server will just not see the changes made by the full program until it is restarted, or does running calibre-server and then opening calibre and making changes cause problems?
Yes, no problems - both can lock the database for writing, the server never actually does write. (I've run like this for a couple of years now.)

The problem is that the .db file is locked for writing, so duplication software (like WHS Drive Extender) and backup s/w and such will complain about it being perpetually locked.

Richard
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote