Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 09-20-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
Erin91
Erin91 began at the beginning.

Device: Zire 22
Very frustrated with Avantgo

Hi Everyone,

I have a Zire22. I bought it to replace my Treo 600, which died a few months ago. One of my mainstays is Avantgo. This program occassionally failed to work on my Treo 600 but has been very twitchy on my Zire22.

First, the program failed to store the password on my handheld. I fixed that by checking "Refresh All Content" on the 'server preferences' menu. That worked for a while.

Now the program is telling me that it's locked. The incredibly-poorly named 'support' site on Avantgo says I can fix this by checking "Refresh All Content" on the server properties menu in the Avantgo-Connect program on my desktop. Nada.

I love being able to read news sites on my handheld. Okay, I'll come clean. I'm addicted to it. So I have two questions.

1. Is anyone else having similar issues and, if you are, how did you rectify it? The Avantgo support page is very unhelpful.

2. What have your experiences been with Plucker?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. It does work when I synch in the late-afternoon or evening, New Zealand time. We are 18 hours ahead of east coast US time.
Erin91 is offline   Reply With Quote