Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-07-2008, 06:16 AM   #1
Fermthe
Connoisseur
Fermthe began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-500/Iliad v2
Iliad v2 native format

Hello to all. After been very happy with my prs 500 i decided to upgrade to iliad v2 (i hope i dont regret this ) And after reading and asking on this great forum that help me to utilise my prs 500 100% i have a new question for my new reader. Ihave a lot of pdf ebooks and im wondering witch is the native ebook format for the iliad to convert my pdf's and witch software to use for that. Also i want to ask what sould i do to read some pdf's directly without convert them.
Thanks again to all the people of this forum for all the help
Fermthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad, DR1000s
Hello, iliad can read most pdf without any conversion.

Iliad don't have any native format, for drm content it use mobipocket. If you want convert your pdf to mobipocket, you can use mobipocket creator. It's a free tool you can download in the mobipocket page.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
PDF works very well on the iLiad. The only issue may the page size of the original document - while the iLiad scrren is larger than the Sony Reader, it sn't *that* bigger.

With regards to Mobipocket files, if you are on Windows you could try to download Mobipocket creator and create some .prc (mobi) files from your PDF files, to see how it looks.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
You may want to get the "developer" access so you can install FBreader. This will allow you to read many additional formats on the iLiad, such as RTF, and I like the interface better than Mobipocket or the HTML reader the iLiad ships with.

But there's no need to convert most PDFs, as others have said. You can easily zoom in to trim the margins, and use "continuous" mode to make it easy to scroll down pages. If the type is especially small, you might want to use landscape mode. There are also some modified iPDF readers created by the developer community for the iLiad that give you other options, such as column navigation or a full-screen mode.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
But there's no need to convert most PDFs, as others have said. You can easily zoom in to trim the margins, and use "continuous" mode to make it easy to scroll down pages. If the type is especially small, you might want to use landscape mode. There are also some modified iPDF readers created by the developer community for the iLiad that give you other options, such as column navigation or a full-screen mode.
Yes, definitely. There is many ways to use the iLiad.
Advert
Old 09-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #6
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
Quote:
You may want to get the "developer" access so you can install FBreader. This will allow you to read many additional formats on the iLiad, such as RTF, and I like the interface better than Mobipocket or the HTML reader the iLiad ships with.

But there's no need to convert most PDFs, as others have said. You can easily zoom in to trim the margin.

How exactly does one do that easy zooming. I have give up trying to read any PDFs on mine and other feel the same way.
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:08 AM   #7
Fermthe
Connoisseur

Thanks again for all the help and please let me make another question. I also have some books that i had convert them to lrf for my prs 500 and i dont have the originals in pdf is there any way to convert them to pdf again or something else so i can read them on my iliad ?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:18 AM   #8
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermthe View Post
Thanks again for all the help and please let me make another question. I also have some books that i had convert them to lrf for my prs 500 and i dont have the originals in pdf is there any way to convert them to pdf again or something else so i can read them on my iliad ?
Yepp, there is.... Process Text is offering the ABC Amber Sony Converter as a free download

http://www.processtext.com/abcsonylrf.html
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #9
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgoforth View Post
How exactly does one do that easy zooming. I have give up trying to read any PDFs on mine and other feel the same way.

You tap the "zoom" button with the stylus, then draw a line across the width of the screen you want to zoom to. Perhaps I'm not understanding your question?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #10
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

You tap the "zoom" button with the stylus, then draw a line across the width of the screen you want to zoom to. Perhaps I'm not understanding your question?

When I try that the text gets too large and is completely off the screen. What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:58 AM   #11
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad, DR1000s
iliad zoom to adjust the line you draw. I supose you don't make a continuus line.

try clicking the zoom botton, and drawing a continuus line from de first letter of the page to the last that should make the iliad zoom correcly.

I found this demo in youtube, it shows how to do a zoom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGtPGFzSHbA
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:09 AM   #12
Fermthe
Connoisseur

Preparing for dispatch

Hello again. I order iliad from 07/09/09 and in my acount on iliad page it still says 09/07/2008 Preparing for dispatch and today we have 11/09/09 and no mail yet that they send it and give me tracking number is that normal for them ?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #13
Ea
Wizard

If it was me, I'd probably wait until next Monday at least, it doesn't seem like an inordinarily long time. I guess there'd be no harm in sending an email to ask about it.

When they do send it, you be given a tracking no.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #14
amgoforth
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
iliad zoom to adjust the line you draw. I supose you don't make a continuus line.

try clicking the zoom botton, and drawing a continuus line from de first letter of the page to the last that should make the iliad zoom correcly.

I found this demo in youtube, it shows how to do a zoom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGtPGFzSHbA

Thanks so much!!! I will try that. I had been doing it wrong.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:24 AM   #15
Fermthe
Connoisseur

Preparing for dispatch

Well i mail them twice but no reply. Lets wait until next week and see