Window Surface RT or PRO

Can Calibre run under the Surface RT?

Will it run under Surface PRO?

Thanks
ronaldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You want to keep your Library on a Tablet?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It wont run on an RT. It should run on a PRO.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
ronaldl
Enthusiast
ronaldl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Window PRO

I go on Bus trips and I like to use my Kindle but I like Calibre, which I use on my laptop and Desktop. But on a Bus, with the lack of sufficient leg space, I can not use my Laptop. So, I am thinking about buying a Window PRO and using that on my tours which can be long rides.

The modern buses have electrical outlets for every other seat. I take my extension cord and use it to charge my Kindle, regardless of where I sit. Should work for the Surface Pro as well.

I like to use Calibre because I can read my e-books regardless of the format.

BTW duck, I use my desktop as my main library. I have plenty of disk space on this machine.
ronaldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
dki
Connoisseur
dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim X5; RCA 1100; Augen The Book, PRS350x2, Sony T1, Kobo AuraHD
Yes, I know for a fact it works on Surface Pro. Screen size issues aside, it works very smoothly. 64GB Surface + 64GB sd.

dki
dki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I was just checking
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote