Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
RG1
RG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with others

Device: Sony PRST-2, Kobo touch
default value for widows changed?

On my new PRS-T2 I get pages with single lines or single words at chapter ends. Looks like the default for widows has been changed from 2 to 1. Never had this on the T1. I'm on the second book now since I got the T2 and have checked the css on both books. No widows statement available in the css.
Is it a bug? Has anbody else seen the same behavior?
RG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
I've found the same thing. On the T2, the default for widows/orphans appears to be 1 (or 0). At first I found this disconcerting, but now I rather like that the page is always "full" and there is never any empty, wasted space at the bottom of the screen.
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
RG1
RG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with others

Device: Sony PRST-2, Kobo touch
Yes, it keeps the length of each page more uniform but I don't like one or two words at the top of the page. So to each his own.
RG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
I don't like having one or two words at the top of the page either. But I do like that the pages are uniform. Too bad you can't have it both ways
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote