Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #676
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The whole 5.3.7 update/bridge thing is detailed in this post by ixtab : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=218613
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #677
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaRuSgAu View Post
Okay, give me a try, I'm kubricking my Kindle now to version 5.2.1 ...
You mean 5.1.2, I guess

... After it completed, install the jailbreak bridge, then the 5.3.7 update, then the SS hack.

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=218613 for links.

EDIT:
@NiLuJe: german proverb "Zwei Dumme, ein Gedanke" ("two idiots, one/same idea")

Last edited by ixtab; 08-05-2013 at 06:27 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #678
NaRuSgAu
NaRuSgAu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Updating to Kindle 5.3.2.1 ...
NaRuSgAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #679
NaRuSgAu

jailbroken 5.3.2.1, updating now to 5.3.7 ...
Old 08-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #680
NaRuSgAu

Updating to 5.3.7 successful, installing SS v0.11.N returns with Error 007.
No luck tonight, next try tomorrow night ...
Old 08-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #681
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, missed the bridge ;-). Look at the link ixtab & I posted at the top if this page, it details everything (including fixing the jb via kubrick without downgrading).
Old 08-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #682
NaRuSgAu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yep, missed the bridge ;-). Look at the link ixtab & I posted at the top if this page, it details everything (including fixing the jb via kubrick without downgrading).
@NiJuLe and @ixtab
Je suis con comme l'idiot du village ...

So, as I've learned from studying your hints the kubrick's bridge will not fulfill your requirements. And yes, my KT works like before now, with SS and my images from an Australian voyage again.

What's about the idea to add your bridge to kubrick's tool?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my delayed answer (too busy around unwanted character substitution on multi functional devices)
NaRuSgAu
Old 08-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #683
NiLuJe
BLAM!

A round of updates!

* Python 0.6.N:
* Updated binaries, fix ssl & pyexpat modules. Installs a python symlink, no need to tweak the env.

* ScreenSavers 0.12.N:
* Updated binaries.
* Disable the autoreboot feature by default for fresh installs. Much easier to use KUAL. I'd recommend disabling it manually once you've updated.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #684
joejoem
joejoem began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hi, I'm getting some serious ghosting from the homescreen on the screensavers.

Is this just due to the fact I'm using pictures with large blank areas?
Or is there some way to make the screen fully refresh before sleeping?
joejoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #685
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@joejoem: Nope, that's just how FW 5.x does it. One the plus side, that's also why we can play with PNG files with an alpha channel, it doesn't blank the screen before showing the screensaver. (So, yeah, the usual eInk ghosting rules apply ).
Old 08-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #686
kacper
kacper began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Screenserver doesn't work

Hi!
I updated my Kindle to 5.3.5, installed kpw_jb, kindle-python-0.6.N and kindle-linkss-0.12.N.
When i add file cover it doesn't work.

Thanks for help
kacper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #687
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@kacper: My crystal ball is broken. I'm gonna need more details than "doesn't work" .

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=625 for pointers.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-23-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #688
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@kacper: My crystal ball is broken. I'm gonna need more details than "doesn't work".

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=625
I love that post (the linked one)!!!!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:11 AM   #689
kageroh
kageroh can teach chickens to fly.kageroh can teach chickens to fly.kageroh can teach chickens to fly.kageroh can teach chickens to fly.kageroh can teach chickens to fly.kageroh can teach chickens to fly.kageroh can teach chickens to fly.kageroh can teach chickens to fly.kageroh can teach chickens to fly.kageroh can teach chickens to fly.kageroh can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Both the python and linkss install went through properly, I can access the settings in KUAL, it renamed the files placed in the screensaver folder automatically - but I still get the old pictures, and the backup folder is empty. O_o
kageroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #690
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kageroh View Post
Both the python and linkss install went through properly, I can access the settings in KUAL, it renamed the files placed in the screensaver folder automatically - but I still get the old pictures, and the backup folder is empty. O_o
Can you describe the 'old pictures'?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch