Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
VineGal
Enthusiast
VineGal began at the beginning.

Device: Still looking. (Trying Nook Tab and NookST, Don't meet needs)
Nook Simple Touch: How do I revert back to v.1.0.1

Hi

Is there a way to revert to the Nook stock softeare V1.0.1 that came with my Nook Simple Touch?

Im having issues now that auto updated to v1.1.0
These are in a separate post

My Nook is not rooted or anything

I just want to get it back to where I can actually READ on it. Ive spent more hours troubleshooting since the 1.1.0 update versus reading

Thanks
VineGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I believe that using the Erase and Deregister function will return your Touch to its original operating system level (what it had when you bought it). It is in Settings>Device Info.

If that doesn't do it, I don't know any other way.

Once you have done this, you'll have to reregister and then essentially never use WiFi again, or else it will reinstall the OS update.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
I believe that using the Erase and Deregister function will return your Touch to its original operating system level (what it had when you bought it). It is in Settings>Device Info.
I don't think this will do what the OP wants. I believe you have to trigger a factory update, which you can do by booting the device and immediately holding the power button until it shuts down, and then repeat 8 times. You should eventually see the screen where it tells you it's restoring the software.

Edit: even if you restore to 1.0.1, your nook will auto-update to 1.1.0 unless you keep the WiFi off at all times.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
You could be right. I suggest that Vinegal try my suggestion first (it only takes a few minutes). Then check the operating system number. If it's still the new version, then proceed to do the 2nd suggestion.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote