Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-02-2008, 11:24 PM   #121
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
ok - moved mobi2mobi.exe, prc book file and mobi2mobi GUI to C:\ and changed path in program.
Same error when trying to open file - when ignoring and continuing convert got: C:\>"C:\\mobi2mobi.exe" "C:\Jinxed.mobi" - but no file produced.

Incidentally, I also tried to run mobi2mobi.exe from the command prompt with no success. I have installed active perl sucessfully, but had problems trying to install the two packages from http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca.ppms/package.lst I got the repository successfully shown in ppm preferences, but 0 packages load. Can this be my problem? If so, can you give me more detailed instructions on how to install those two packages?

Or: B0b can you give me more detailed instruction on how to produce a build debug. Remember, I'm an ancient Fortran, Extended Basic person.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:43 PM   #122
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Or: B0b can you give me more detailed instruction on how to produce a build debug. Remember, I'm an ancient Fortran, Extended Basic person.

cheers
Wow, that really depends. If you are using Visual Studio [Express] it as as easy as setting the build configuration in the toolbar to "debug". If you are using the command line csc or vbc compiler you will have to specify debug mode. If you type csc or vbc with no parameters I believe it gives you help.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:59 AM   #123
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Incidentally, I also tried to run mobi2mobi.exe from the command prompt with no success. I have installed active perl sucessfully, but had problems trying to install the two packages from
You do not need active perl just to run the binary mobi2mobi.exe. Try to set the path (however you do that in Windows...) to the binary or give full path when starting it.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #124
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
You do not need active perl just to run the binary mobi2mobi.exe. Try to set the path (however you do that in Windows...) to the binary or give full path when starting it.
Have given up on GUI - However am now able to run Mobi2Mobi from command prompt. I must have had a corrupted file the first time, because after I re-downloaded and extracted it, it works great. Unfortunately, the new mobi2mobi.exe file did nothing for my GUI errors - still same error messages.

Wonderful tool! Many thanks to all who worked on creating and testing it and all the hard work perfecting the programming. You guys rock!

Cheers
Old 07-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #125
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Well, I don't think the GUI is going to work for me either, and I'm not certain about how long it will take me to try and run the program from the command line (although, I suppose if I troll around in these threads long enough, I may be able to parse the command structure out.)

I really (really) wish that editing the metadata in a mobi file wasn't such a royal pain in the rear.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #126
Leep
Guru

Running mobi2mobi from the command prompt is really easy. Just make sure that you put both the mobi2mobi.exe file and your book in the same directory. Then from the command prompt change to that directory. The command is then: mobi2mobi.exe (the name of your book file with extension) --outfile (the name of your new file with the extension .mobi, .prc or .azw - put it in quotes if it has spaces) --title (put the new title in quotes) --author (author's name in quotes)

Send me a note if you have problems.

cheers
Old 07-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #127
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Running mobi2mobi from the command prompt is really easy. Just make sure that you put both the mobi2mobi.exe file and your book in the same directory. Then from the command prompt change to that directory. The command is then: mobi2mobi.exe (the name of your book file with extension) --outfile (the name of your new file with the extension .mobi, .prc or .azw - put it in quotes if it has spaces) --title (put the new title in quotes) --author (author's name in quotes)

cheers
I'll give it a try later today. Thanks. I think the thing that will take the most time will be grabbing the cover art out of calibre, and then putting it in a form that I can use in mobi2mobi.

It just breaks my heart that Kovid doesn't like the mobi format ... I do so wish he would write an lrf2mobi. However, I also wish there would be peace in the Middle East, and that's not going to happen anytime real soon either.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:17 PM   #128
kpg
kpg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks so much for posting the source code! I just saw it now If I use it in another program or add any features I'll make sure to post and share.
kpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:20 PM   #129
stark23x
stark23x is on a distinguished road

For people experiencing recent hanging errors with Mobi2Mobi GUI: read AlexBell's post in this thread. Looks like a registry cleanup might fix the problem! It seems to have fixed for myself and Alex.
stark23x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:36 PM   #130
elena
Connoisseur
elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: CyBook Gen3
Is it possible to set NEUTRAL in language?
elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:19 PM   #131
dskag
Enthusiast
dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Where does the .mobi file end up?

Quote:

cheers
I ran mobi2mobi.exe from the command prompt. I get and whole string of facts that looks like the program worked (no error notices). But, where do I find the new changed .mobi file? Can't seem to locate it. Thanks.
dskag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:37 PM   #132
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskag View Post
I ran mobi2mobi.exe from the command prompt. I get and whole string of facts that looks like the program worked (no error notices). But, where do I find the new changed .mobi file? Can't seem to locate it. Thanks.
You must use "--outfile filename" to get a new file. Otherwise you only get information about the original file.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:20 AM   #133
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
Is it possible to set NEUTRAL in language?
Hi Elena,

The GUI language options are as per the Mobiheader.pm file that comes with the Perl version of the Mobiperl tools. You will have to check with Tompe the creator of that program to add a character code for 'Neutral'. It certainly recognises 'Neutral' as a valid entry based on the code.

Update: Apparently if you do it at the command prompt level, the following setting will set the language to neutral ' --language "" '. Currently the GUI won't let you tick the language change option unless you select a language code. I'll have to add a NULL option so this will work.

Last edited by Jad; 09-19-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:52 AM   #134
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
v0.14 Released

To address the requirement that Elena raised, the GUI has been updated with a NULL entry in the language drop list to allow setting of the language within a MOBI file to NEUTRAL. This is a really simple mod so I won't be updating the GPL release of the source code.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v014.zip (16.1 KB, 594 views)
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:13 AM   #135
elena
Connoisseur
elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
To address the requirement that Elena raised, the GUI has been updated with a NULL entry in the language drop list to allow setting of the language within a MOBI file to NEUTRAL. This is a really simple mod so I won't be updating the GPL release of the source code.
thank you, thank you, thank you very much!
elena is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi