Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
WilliamVitka
Word Puncher
WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony eReader, Kindle
Science Fiction & Horror Short Stories, Fresh Off The Grill

Hello, ladies and germs;

If you like Science Fiction and Horror, I believe I have a couple of DRM-Free $.99 treats for you.

Science Fiction: The colony is desperate for food. One worker, charged with gathering supplies, begins to have misgivings about the settlement's inherent communism. But those misgivings quickly give way to terror when the monsters arrive. If you're a fan of Richard Matheson or the Twilight Zone, you'll love The Dangers Of Field Work.

$.99 on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords.

Dark Comedy / Horror: What happens when a body rejects the entire consciousness of someone, much in the way a person could reject an organ transplant? Worse, what if the bits and pieces that make you up are keen on getting out? They are you, but you are not them. This is a bloody tale of revenge.

$.99 on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords.

And I shall update the thread as I release more -- I've got quite a few.

Tip the veal and enjoy your waitress.
WilliamVitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
WilliamVitka
Word Puncher
WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Reviews for 'The Dangers Of Field Work'

5.0 out of 5 stars

"instant classic"

By unexpected fan

"Not one to usually go for suspense, horror, sci-fi or mystery stories...I took a chance with Vitka. And, I must say, I am glad I did! Very well written. Kept me guessing till the end. The style put me in mind of M. Night Shyamalan. I can't wait to read whatever comes next."

5.0 out of 5 stars

"short but sweet"

By Readit

"I've never bought a short story before but I took a chance with this title. The story has a fantastic twist and makes for an enjoyable quick read. I've loaned this story out to a few friends to gauge their response. Each of them enjoyed the story as well. Give it a try, it is a $.99 well spent."
Old 04-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
WilliamVitka
Word Puncher

Another great review for The Dangers Of Field Work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet, April 6, 2011

By James Martin (Framingham, MA USA)

This review is from: The Dangers Of Field Work: A Short Story (Kindle Edition)
Vitka's work here is short, fast paced, and thoroughly addictive.

The story itself raises many questions. The reader is dumped into a situation without much explanation and for the majority of the book it's left to the reader's imagination. The ending was somewhat abrupt, but entirely appropriate for the type of story.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
WilliamVitka
Word Puncher

And one for Bodily Harm!

5.0 out of 5 stars

A Funny, Unique Romp--Thoroughly Enjoyed it!, April 1, 2011

By Rebecca Knight "http://rebeccaknightbooks.blo... (Vancouver, WA) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Bodily Harm: A Short Story (Kindle Edition)

This short story was definitely worth the buy. Vitka's tale is hilarious and refreshing--entertaining through and through.

The premise is that a man's body fights back after years of being neglected and mistreated, by way of bad food, smokes, and booze.

The ending is abrupt, but totally appropriate. Loved it!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
WilliamVitka
Word Puncher

'The Dangers Of Field Work' was featured today on the Indie Books Blog.

Tags
horror, science fiction, scifi, short stories