Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-08-2006, 05:01 AM   #1
odklizec
odklizec began at the beginning.

Hi from Pavel

Hi folks,

I'm visiting this forum for a long time but not introduced myself yet I'm a big fan of ebook reading and all this started with Java-enabled mobile phones. Born in CzechoSlovakia, last six years living in Slovakia.

I always loved reading books and read hundreds if not thousands of them. My first mobile ebook reading device has been Siemens SL45i. A fantastic phone with not as great screen but it was good enough for reading ebooks on the go. From that time I've used several other phones, some of them "smart" with bigger and brighter screen. Many friends laughed at me when saw me watching into the small mobile screen, without a visible sign of life and total loss of attention But what can I do if the book is soooo interesting?

My most favorite device for ebook reading (mainly at home) was Sharp Zaurus 5500. It was great and in my opinion, still not overcome PDA (maybe except by the successors SL-5600 and 6000). Unfortunately, the battery time of 5500 has not been as good as I expected, especially for long time reading. So I've sold it and now looking for a new device for home reading.

As I hope, my new device will be an e-ink based. But I'm still not decided which one. My hottest candidate (except the price) has been Iliad. But after revealing the truth that this device is not capable of "hibernation/suspend" and the battery time is still very poor, I'm no longer convinced this is the right choice, especially at this price tag. So I'm deciding between the Sony reader and "still upcoming" Hanlin V2. But because the current e-ink technology is still too new and with slow page-turn over or equal 1 sec, there is always a chance I will just buy another Zaurus (this time sl-6000) and wait patiently for more e-ink devices with longer battery time and faster page turn.
odklizec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:39 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hey odklizec. I hope there'll be an E Ink device soon that suits your needs ;9

And welcome on board!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2006, 09:19 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Vitaj na fore odklizec.
Ja som kupil Cassiopeia A-20 z tretej ruky na
www.onetwosold.sk
Kde na Slovensku byvas?

Translation from Slovakian language
Welcome in forum odklizec.
I have purchased a third-hand Cassiopeia A-20
from www.onetwosold.sk
Where do you live in Slovakia?

Kacir.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:14 AM   #4
odklizec
odklizec began at the beginning.

Caues! Jsem ze Ziliny ale jinak jsem Cech. Ale vlastne i Slovak, protoze mam oboji obcanstvi i pas.

Sorry guys..a little national chat
odklizec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:09 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Contact

That is great Odklizec.

Can you send me a private mail to
BruchoKacirRukaFakirNohaHlavaKuzelnikPrsty at gmail.com

Please remove names of Casti Tela from address.

We can chat about obtaining ebooks in our languages and other things of common interest.

Bye
kacir.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert