Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #2221
nullgraph
nullgraph began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Vietnamese on PRS-505

Success! The Charis fonts did the trick. I don't know why my Arial fonts didn't work, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Thank you so much, jackie_w and kartu, my parents are very happy about this. Now where do I make my donation to you guys?
nullgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #2222
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgraph View Post
Success! The Charis fonts did the trick. I don't know why my Arial fonts didn't work, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Thank you so much, jackie_w and kartu, my parents are very happy about this. Now where do I make my donation to you guys?
Excellent - glad to help, no donation required for me.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #2223
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Kartu, I have a couple of requests for features in Prs+.

1) Can you make Note taking functions bindable to buttons? The Notes type functions are very slow to access by on-screen menus.

2) Can you shorten or make customisable the time one must hold down a button for a long key press? I mean the secondary long-press function for buttons. This would make the long-press more useful.

Hope it's okay to ask here. Thanks for Prs+!
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:38 AM   #2224
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Rizla
Quote:
1) Can you make Note taking functions bindable to buttons? The Notes type functions are very slow to access by on-screen menus.
Yes.

Also, once I pressed "somehow" on the screen and got small popup menu, asking whether I want to take freehand or text note. Couldn't repeat that. But it should be somewhere in manuals.

2) I'll have a look.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #2225
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Rizla
Also, once I pressed "somehow" on the screen and got small popup menu, asking whether I want to take freehand or text note. Couldn't repeat that. But it should be somewhere in manuals.
IMO the main thing is to have a bindable shortcut to the Options/Notes action and to the Options/Notes/Create-Edit action. Options/Notes/List would be nice but is not as important.

I never use the handwritten note option. I suspect keyboard input is much more common.

Thanks again, Kartu.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #2226
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
  • Maybe a container.node.update() related observation at the PRS-505:
    After a restart and flipping thru multipage menus, pressing of PREVIOUS leads to a restart.
    E.g. Restart go to settings prs+settings keybindings anykey flipp to page 2 or 3 and then PREV. --> restart
    If I first fip thru books per title, forward and backward and try the above again, everything is fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
I "think" it also happend with the standard-build, but not absolutely sure
I have to correct me:
The reboot happend on every press of sidebar-previous button, and turned out to be a bad patched ebook.so for version 1.1.00.18040.

Fixed this and replaced the archives in posts #1400 and 1402
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #2227
gramms
gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Glo
PRS 600 flasher runme.bat blank

I got my 'open box' 600 yesterday and tried to do the 'flasher' and PRS+ install. I got as far as trying to run runme.bat but all I get is a blank DOS window. I thought I successfully disabled the uac-could it be that I haven't?

Also, the PRS has more than one drive listed. Which one is the base one that the PRS+ software is supposed to be put on? I assume it is the one that has some files on it already.

Is there a link somewhere is this forum that goes to a more detailed set of instructions than the ones on Wiki?

Thanks,

grams
gramms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #2228
drdann
Connoisseur
drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Rizla

Yes.

2) I'll have a look.
This happens if you "highlight" a word or section and then tap it.
drdann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #2229
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

gramms
Disabling UAC requires restart. Hopefully that's the reason.

Inner memory drive is named "Reader".

Mark Nord
Good to know.

Regarding earlier "update()" story, there was a bug in container node that prevented update from being further propagated. Easiest fix is to add "children" field to the created node in docreatenode.

It still didn't fix periodicals, however... =/

Update: ah, it did.

Last edited by kartu; 06-18-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #2230
gramms
gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PRS 600 runme etc

I got the 'flasher' running by (inadvertently) rebooting. I think a note that to enable the UAC after using the flasher should also have a note to reboot the main computer after re-enabling would be a good idea.

Question: Is the 'Installer for Reader' a virtual drive? Is this where I am supposed to extract the files? I tried to access the drive so I could extract and run the installer, but it denies me access. It says the drive is write protected. I have messed about in Win 7 with sharing and permissions to no avail. Has anyone had this problem with Win7 Pro?

So, I extracted to the removable drive that had some files on it. I did the other stuff, but The installation failed, and the Sony software is still running.

The install.log file on the PRS says 'rm: cannot remove '/opt1/dict/prsp': No such file or directory' Is this causing the installer to fail?

If i could simply access the Installer drive that would work for me. My main goal is to change the intro graphic to include my name and phone number. I created the modified graphic-now all I have to do is replace the default ones in the 'Install scripts directory.

I'm slowly getting there...

thanks, grams

Last edited by gramms; 06-18-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: status update
Old 06-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #2231
kartu
PRS+ author

gramms
Quote:
The install.log file on the PRS says 'rm: cannot remove '/opt1/dict/prsp': No such file or directory' Is this causing the installer to fail?
Nope. It actually means you got it on the right drive.
Simple restart it once more.

Note that if reader is connected to USB during boot, PRS+ doesn't start ("safe mode").

Regarding replacing graphics, check "building PRS+" wiki page on the PRS+ project site.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #2232
gramms

By gosh, it works now!

I reworked all the directions, rebooted stuff (yet again) and Glory Be it works!

I think I could have used a PRS+ 'Install for Dummies' text file.

I'll figure out the graphics and post a 'how to' if I get it to work. I think an opening screen with 'Gram's Reader If found call --------- might help me keep from misplacing it.

Thanks again,

Grams
Old 06-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #2233
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Kartu on feature request page i've seen on "done" that the browse folders supports pictures, but when i've tried to open a picture from browse folders only books are found.
Are there any modifications made for you and they aren't uploaded to the repository?

Thanks
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:12 AM   #2234
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
Kartu on feature request page i've seen on "done" that the browse folders supports pictures, but when i've tried to open a picture from browse folders only books are found.
Are there any modifications made for you and they aren't uploaded to the repository?

Thanks
What was the issue #?
Or is it in comments?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #2235
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
What was the issue #?
Or is it in comments?
In this page
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imagen.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	73063