Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
PRS 300 doesn't start after shutdown

Hi Guys,

Can anyone confirm the following problem on their PRS300? When I do a complete shutdown through the settings menu than regularly it doesn't start up when I hit the power button. In those cases I need to reset the Reader and after that it will start up again using the power button. It's not all the time but maybe in 50% of the cases.

Thanks!
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'm having this problem now after having my 300 for a month. I shut it down last night and now it won't turn on. Will try resetting.

Update: Resetting did the trick.

@diabloNL How often does this happen with you? Do you still shut off your reader or do you just put it to sleep?

Last edited by xtine; 12-02-2009 at 10:11 PM.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Hi xtine,

I'm very sorry for the late reply. I never turn it off no more I just put it in standby. This works for the best otherwise I need to carry a paperclip all the time to be able to reset the device.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
@diabloNL No worries I still shut my Reader off every now and then and so far I haven't had to do another reset yet
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #5
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I've never had this problem, most likely because I have never shut mine down

I just use the switch and put it in sleep mode, with the insane battery life I just don't see the need to completely turn it off. Does not really "fix" the problem, but it does eliminate it.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #6
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
I've never had this problem, most likely because I have never shut mine down

I just use the switch and put it in sleep mode, with the insane battery life I just don't see the need to completely turn it off. Does not really "fix" the problem, but it does eliminate it.

That's also my reason. My phone I charge every few days so I don't see the problem leaving the Reader in standby and charge it every other week or so. Great device isn't it?