Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Exclamation Where to buy Cybook /Bebook in Munich, Germany

A Friend of Mine is intrested in getting a eBook reader for himself, but wants to have a look at it physically before he buys one if possible.

Now, While I'm aware that the Sony is available in Thalia stores in Germany, and have told him about it, his current preferance is for either the Cybook or Bebook.

He's going to be flying into Munich tomorrow for 3-4 days, before heading back to India.

So does anyone know of a physical store which carries either or both ( Gen3 and Bebook) in Munich, where he could just go in and have a look and decide on which one to get.

Appreciate People getting back to me on this as soon as possible.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
No physical store in Germany carries the Cybook or BeBook as far as I know.

Last edited by IceHand; 03-28-2009 at 01:21 PM.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thanks.

I Figured as much, but thought it might be worth it to throw the question out just in case i missed one in my search ( especially as I don't speak german, and google translate only goes so far).

I Was hoping that their might be an individual retail store who may carry it, but no such luck.

Oh well, he'll just have to make up his mind based on photos (like most of us had to ) and order online.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Wher...en_Cybook_Gen3
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I know, and I've sent him the link, alsong with which ones are the best option.

The main reason I asked was I was unable to find any retail locations when I was adding links to the wiki entry, so decided to throw the question out to our members
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #6
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Thalia stores only sell the Sony PRS 505 so far.

But I live in Munich. And I have a Cybook. If he´d like to have a look at my Gen3 - no problem.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:48 AM   #7
Kleki
Connoisseur
Kleki doesn't litterKleki doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (+ an old Hanlin V3)
Hi,
unfortunately, I'm not in Munich this week, or I could have shown my Hanlin to your friend.

Just in case he still wants to have a look at a Sony. They are sold in the Hugendubel book stores as well (or so they told me on the phone two weeks ago). Ther are no Thalia shops in Munich.
Kleki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #8
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleki View Post

Just in case he still wants to have a look at a Sony. They are sold in the Hugendubel book stores as well (or so they told me on the phone two weeks ago). Ther are no Thalia shops in Munich.

That'll teach me for not checking if there were actual any Thalia stores in Munich, and just assuming that they are in every major city .

I've sent him the link to the Site and addresses and contact info for all the stores in Munich, so he can call them and confirm if the one he wants to go to has them in stock.