Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-30-2013, 04:47 AM   #1
Kaetrin
Connoisseur
Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Problem with conversion from AZW3 to ePub

I was having a problem but then I installed the Kindle Unpack plugin and it's fixed now. Nothing to see here!

Sorry to bother anyone

Last edited by Kaetrin; 05-30-2013 at 04:55 AM. Reason: problem fixed now.
Kaetrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Update calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2013, 04:53 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaetrin View Post
Hello, I'm trying to convert a kindle book to ePub so I can read it on my Sony Reader. Usually, the converter in Calibre works fine. This is the first problem I've had.

The error message is as follows:

File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\reader\markup.py", line 51, in update_internal_links
File "encodings\utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xa7 in position 1916058: invalid start byte
I *think* this was a bug fixed in 0.9.31 or thereabouts. Try upgrading to the latest version (.32 at the moment) and try the conversion again.

Last edited by mbovenka; 05-30-2013 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Looks like I got scooped by the man himself :-)
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #4
Kaetrin
Connoisseur
Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I installed Kindle Unpack plug in and that worked. Thank you for your help. Sorry to waste your time.
Kaetrin is offline   Reply With Quote