Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #1
dadaniel
dadaniel began at the beginning.

Device: none
keep displaying last page when in Standby/Power-off

Is this possible? Why this e-ink "feature" is not used and display is always blanked or screensaver is displayed?
dadaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:22 AM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
It's possible,

There is a script to make a screenshot, you could find them somewhere in the forum. It was used by the author to continue to see a recipe when he made some cooking, maybe search with this key word. The scrip replace the power-off picture with the screenshot. An other script make only the screenshot, you must change the standby picture.

I can't search the scripts for the moment, sorry.

Last edited by Randy11; 12-04-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #3
dadaniel

Hi, thank you very much, I found the standby-script: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...61&post2025661

However I would prefer to keep the page on display when the device is powered off completely. (saving as much battery as possible)
Old 12-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #4
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It should be also possible. Probably only a small change (different picture file name) in the script is needed.

Maybe the author or someone else might do it. Or if you have the skills... Do it yourself.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #5
dadaniel

I've searched around a little bit...

Is it correct that when there is a file "/usr/share/gui_shell/images/shutdown.png" it will be shown after shutdown and if the file is not there the screen will get blanked?
Advert
Old 12-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Yes I thing so. There is also a script to automaticaly randomly change shutdown picture from user given collectin of pictures. And script to randomly change Standby picture. I did not try it yet.

I found it on a Polish forum, but I do not know which one. I do not have the link saved.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote