Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 05:25 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Tarkington, Booth: Penrod and Sam (Illustrated). v2., 18 Mar 2013

PENROD AND SAM
by Booth Tarkington (1869 – 1946)
Illustrations by Gordon Grant (1875 – 1962)
and Worth Brehm (1883 – 1928)
First published 1916

This novel was first published in 1916, and is the sequel to his 1914 work, Penrod. Penrod and Sam brings us the further misadventures of that mischievous all-American boy, Penrod Schofield, and his best friend, Sam Williams, eleven-year-old boys in 1913 Midwestern America.

In our time, a century later, Penrod would probably be undergoing medical treatment for hyperactivity and Attention Deficit Disorder. Fortunately, Tarkington has recorded the wonders of untrammeled boyhood as it used to be. Full of wit and laughter for all ages.

---------
Pen & ink sketches by Gordon Grant for the chapter heads. Full-page (water-color?) illustrations by Worth Brehm taken from a different edition, which might not be exactly kosher, am I allowed to do that????

My second upload, feedback would be great.

EDITED--- Uploaded v 1.1, correcting problem with titlepage failure to display.

----------
EDIT: Version 2: Replaced color frontispiece, some text and format corrections, some images redone, smaller file-size. Cross-linked chapter titles to html Table of Contents. Added Large-caps version.

Previous downloads 102.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Tarkington-PenrodSam-illus-DropCaps--v2.epub (2.06 MB, 553 views)
File Type: epub Tarkington-PenrodSam-illus-LargeCaps--v2.epub (2.06 MB, 486 views)

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 03-18-2013 at 03:35 AM. Reason: upload version 2
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:22 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks again. I've downloaded all your Booth Tarkington books since I've done a few illustrated books myself and am interested in seeing how other people do it. They are rising to the top of my TBR list.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to add material from other editions - most of us make it clear that the ebooks we design are not necessarily based on a particular edition. I try to specify the sources of text and illustrations, and any preface to this edition notes.

Last edited by AlexBell; 01-26-2012 at 01:27 AM.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad I didn't break any (unwritten) law!
I linked my source files in an about page, yay for Internet Archive.

I have some more illustrated Tarkington in the pipeline, really enjoy doing these books.

And thank you for downloading.

gG
Old 03-18-2013, 03:24 AM   #4
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

Uploaded Version 2: Replaced color frontispiece, corrected some textual errors, tweaked formatting and images. Cross-linked chapter titles to html Table of Contents. Created an additional Large-caps version for readers with poor drop-cap support.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 03-18-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Tags
boys, fiction, humor