Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
JimmyG
Zealot
JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Touch, Voyage
Broken link in TOC

I built this book in Sigil but had a blank white space above the cover image that I couldn't get rid of. I opened the book in Calibre, removed the cover, added it back, and converted from epub to epub, and that got rid of the white space. Then I discovered that one of my TOC entries led to a page with just the heading. Fixed that by tweaking the files.

Now I'm stumped. The first entry in the TOC is to a title page, which was working before. Now, in the Calibre reader when I click it the page is opened in my browser. In ADE it simply does nothing.

All of this is new to me and any help would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Voyage to the South Sea - William Bligh.epub (531.0 KB, 208 views)
JimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
I built this book in Sigil but had a blank white space above the cover image that I couldn't get rid of. I opened the book in Calibre, removed the cover, added it back, and converted from epub to epub, and that got rid of the white space. Then I discovered that one of my TOC entries led to a page with just the heading. Fixed that by tweaking the files.

Now I'm stumped. The first entry in the TOC is to a title page, which was working before. Now, in the Calibre reader when I click it the page is opened in my browser. In ADE it simply does nothing.

All of this is new to me and any help would be appreciated.
This is your original
Code:
  <h2 class="chapter" id="heading_id_2">Title Page</h2>
Change it to :
Code:
  <h2 class="chapter" id="heading_id_2" title="Title Page"> </h2>
this will not remove the height occupied, but the name will only appear in the TOC and not on the page.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert