Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #856
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: KPW
I own K3 and I am mostly happy with it, but there are two things that I miss - the screen light and the touch screen. With some PDFs, I think the touch screen really helps. With winter on us here, the screen light would help.
otichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #857
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by otichy View Post
I own K3 and I am mostly happy with it, but there are two things that I miss - the screen light and the touch screen. With some PDFs, I think the touch screen really helps. With winter on us here, the screen light would help.
Discover our index pages -
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K3_Index#Reading_Light
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #858
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
What I really like about PW is its super battery life. The built-in light also helps when I am waiting for buses at night, but it is not actually evenly distributed as amazon claims...

EDIT: first new KPV release (with basic features) is on its way
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #859
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
EDIT: first new KPV release (with basic features) is on its way
Will it support Touch?
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #860
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That is rather cool, I admit. But I still want the PW solution
otichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #861
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Will it support Touch?
Sure, touch support is added by eureka. chrox is writing the update bin for KT

Last edited by dave2008; 01-08-2013 at 04:09 PM.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #862
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
Sure, touch support is added by eureka. chros is writing the update bin for KT
Wow that is great news, thanks
Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #863
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
I have a question, the rifont that responsible for reading position info seemed only recognize the font under host, i.e. the kindle fonts. I placed some fonts under the fonts directory, they can be found in tfont which is for filemanager, but cannot be found by rifont.

How can I make my fonts available for rifont?
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:59 AM   #864
tommytomtom
Enthusiast
tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
I cannot install kpvbooklet
I unzipped and copied kindlepdfviewer-touch-nightly-20130110 from https://github.com/chrox/misc/downloads to the root directory. Then I downloaded kindle-kpvbooklet-0.3.3.zip from https://github.com/chrox/KPVBooklet/downloads, unzipped it and copied update_kpvbooklet_0.3.3_install.bin to the root directory of the kindle. however the "Update Your Kindle" is grayed out. Can anybody give me a clue why I cannot install it??? I am on Kindle Touch 5.1.2 jailbroken with JBPatch 24/53. I also have the latest version of duokan installed.
Thanks in advance! I am so excited to finally have good pdf and especially djvu support!
tommytomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:58 AM   #865
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytomtom View Post
I cannot install kpvbooklet
I unzipped and copied kindlepdfviewer-touch-nightly-20130110 from https://github.com/chrox/misc/downloads to the root directory. Then I downloaded kindle-kpvbooklet-0.3.3.zip from https://github.com/chrox/KPVBooklet/downloads, unzipped it and copied update_kpvbooklet_0.3.3_install.bin to the root directory of the kindle. however the "Update Your Kindle" is grayed out. Can anybody give me a clue why I cannot install it??? I am on Kindle Touch 5.1.2 jailbroken with JBPatch 24/53. I also have the latest version of duokan installed.
Thanks in advance! I am so excited to finally have good pdf and especially djvu support!
thanks for pointing this.

I tried and it works .(replaces the default PDF reader.)
you may try to install via manual update. (see the launcher extension: System!k )
Old 01-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #866
tommytomtom
Enthusiast
tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

I tried with System!k extension: didn't work either but thanks for the idea. So I tried "lipc-set-prop com.lab126.ota startUpdate 1" manually in xterm and got "com.lab126.ota failed to set value for property startUpdate (0x3 lipcErrNoSuchSource)"
On the 411 page is written
"2.4 OTA State: OTA Current"
"2.5 Available OTA Version: -1"

Any further hints.

One thing I might mention is that I tried to restart framework and restart (without the *.bin file present) several times without any luck. Furthermore, I first didn't find the "https://github.com/chrox/KPVBooklet/downloads" and thus tried to compile the *.bin file myself but it was also grayed out.

Last edited by tommytomtom; 01-11-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #867
tommytomtom
Enthusiast

Cannot update at all

I just tried to install the new JBpatch jbpatch_3.1.0_fw510.zip however that did not work either. So I have a problem that is not related to this thread and I'll open another one!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #868
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
I just tried to install the new JBpatch jbpatch_3.1.0_fw510.zip however that did not work either. So I have a problem that is not related to this thread and I'll open another one!
Some versions of Duokan just gray out the "Update Your Kindle" button. You could either uninstall Duokan temporarily or put an empty file named "DUOKAN_DISABLE" in your kindle root and restart your kindle before installing KPVBooklet. Don't forget to remove the "DUOKAN_DISABLE" file if you want to switch to Duokan again.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #869
tommytomtom
Enthusiast

Thank you chrox! Now it worked!
However I am a little sad that djvu is not working on my device. Do you have another version, chrox? Because from your the screenshot on http://www.readfree.net/bbs/simple/i...?t5674502.html, I see that epub and djvu files are. What do I have to do to install it with djvu and epub support???
Old 01-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #870
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Thank you chrox! Now it worked!
However I am a little sad that djvu is not working on my device. Do you have another version, chrox? Because from your the screenshot on http://www.readfree.net/bbs/simple/i...?t5674502.html, I see that epub and djvu files are. What do I have to do to install it with djvu and epub support???
Someone has reported that KPVBooklet works fine in 5.1.2 with djvu and epub documents. But it cannot be confirmed by myself since I don't have a KT device. Probably you can also fix it by updating your Kindle to 5.3.2. As far as I know KPVBooklet works better in 5.3.X firmware.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote