Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 04:56 AM   #1
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Unfroze Jetbook Lite

Well my JBL froze during reflash (15g) and would only boot to the Jetbook Lite Boot up screen.

So after a good bout of panic I went into research mode to see what I could do
The only usefull info I could find was to reboot the PC and hope the bios could detect the drive, so I decided to try that.

Not sure if it was a fluke or not, but I removed the batteries and SD card and plugged in the USB cable to my PC ready to reboot the PC to see if windows would do a "detect and repair". Anyway I got sidetracked and never got round to rebooting. After about half an hour the JBL loaded up.

Attemting to reflash the JBL again now - I know, sometimes I'm not very bright

It's alive, alive I tell you
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
clerky96
Connoisseur
clerky96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Congrats on it coming back on for you. I was not so lucky. I tried every single suggestion I could find and "nothing". But Ectaco replaced it for me. Hope you don't have any more problems.
clerky96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You could throw away your USB cable. Using the JBL's USB interface for
anything besides messing with the built-in user data memory, is a bad idea.

To be safe, you should use a blank SD chip formatted to FAT16, for updates.
(I have used FAT32 formatted SD chips for updating with no problems, but it
is easy enough to do a quick re-format to FAT16.) You should use FAT32 for
your ebook SD(s) though.

It is also very unlikely that you could not just reset and re-flash properly to
recover from a bad flash with any ARM based device. At the most you would
just remove the batteries and hold the reset, to thoroughly discharge the JBL
and then start over.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote