Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2016, 10:08 AM   #1
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Anyone in Canada pre-ordering the Aura ONE tomorrow?

So I just spoke with Kobo, if you pre-order tomorrow they will ship on Sept 2nd (5-7 business days) and will also be available in stores on Sept 6th.

Are you pre-ordering or going to wait until you find one in store (we are in a small town so I'm thinking of pre-orering it, as I doubt our store will have them on the 6th).

Can they not just ship it now and take my money already? I've had my Glo for 4 years and it still works perfectly but I'm totally treating myself on this one. I don't need it but WANT it! I already have a custom case being made for it
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:32 AM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Pre-ordering in USA

I'll pre-order mine tomorrow as soon as I can. Also have a Glo. Be nice if I could sync sideloaded books between the two. I will probably still use the Glo when away from home. I have been mostly reading on my iPad Air2 at home so the KA1 will be a load off my holding hand.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2016, 12:44 PM   #3
ryuji35
Zealot
ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PPW5 Signature, Kobo Libra 2, Samsung Tab S6 Lite
I'm buying one in Japan when I get there this December. I am so jealous of you guys who'll be able to get one this week!
ryuji35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:08 PM   #4
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
My question is, I just ordered a glo HD from chapters it will be here on Wednesday, is it more economical for me to pre order a "One" from chapters also?

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:39 PM   #5
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I have an H2O which I'm still fond of, so I won't preorder the One. I will go to my local Chapters to look for one to manhandle though, leaving my credit card at home.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #6
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
My question is, I just ordered a glo HD from chapters it will be here on Wednesday, is it more economical for me to pre order a "One" from chapters also?

JJ
You can order one now.

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca...=Home&ikwidx=1
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #7
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Interesting. I wonder when it would ship?
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #8
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Thanks, but I was more concerned with the postal issue and exchange rate...

JJ
Old 08-29-2016, 04:49 PM   #9
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, iPads, Sonys
I just ordered mine from Indigo Books for $249.98 Canadian. Says it will arrive by Sept 6th. I'm in Ontario. It's also available bundled with a cover for $309.98, but $60 for a cover is too steep for me.
Cesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:12 PM   #10
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesca View Post
I just ordered mine from Indigo Books for $249.98 Canadian. Says it will arrive by Sept 6th. I'm in Ontario. It's also available bundled with a cover for $309.98, but $60 for a cover is too steep for me.
I ordered a pelican 1055c off amazon for 25 bucks...

JJ
Old 08-29-2016, 05:49 PM   #11
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Thanks for the link, just pre-ordered mine to ship to Australia! So very excited! I have imported from Chapters before and the service reached me faster than some Australian stores so am very, very happy! Bought myself an Origami cover as well, not that there's really an option not to, but I will be using it cover free mostly.

After successfully placing my order it told me i'd receive the device near the end of October/ early November - that seems a little long for a September release date, no? Maybe thats an Aussie exclusive, or maybe they've included an extra long shipping time? If so, that is such a long time to wait! Either way, don't really see any other options of receiving this device ASAP, unless one of you beautiful, smart cookies can enlighten me? :P

Eek so happy!!! My Kindle Paperwhite 2 is cramping my style!

Edit: cancelled my order because wanted to go sans cover (80 aud!) So did so and re-ordered. Really, really, REALLY shouldn't be doing this but I consider it an unemployment gift. Huzzah!

Last edited by cerem0ny; 08-29-2016 at 06:59 PM.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:17 PM   #12
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Yes. According to the website if there is a postal strike they will be shipping by other couriers.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:24 PM   #13
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post
So I just spoke with Kobo, if you pre-order tomorrow they will ship on Sept 2nd (5-7 business days) and will also be available in stores on Sept 6th.

Are you pre-ordering or going to wait until you find one in store (we are in a small town so I'm thinking of pre-orering it, as I doubt our store will have them on the 6th).
Interestingly I just pre-ordered from Chapters-Indigo and it's showing "in stock" at some Toronto stores. Not sure I actually believe that. Anyway, although Kobo is saying ship Sept 2/avail in-store Sept 6, Indigo express delivery option (extra $5.95 I think it was) says it should arrive by Sept 2 (I'm in Ontario). We'll see. The website does say if there is a Canada Post strike they ship by other courier options (as long as you don't have to ship to a P.O. Box, which most couriers won't deliver to at any time).
I was wavering which way to go since I'd have to drive an hour to get to a Chapters that would likely have one, but since I might be able to get it sooner I caved and ordered online

ETA: the Kobo Canada website won't even allow pre-orders until Aug 30 which seems strange since they were talking Aug 26 for pre-order in their press releases IIRC
ETETA: even with regular free shipping they are showing it should be delivered by Sept 6, so no extra wait over in store.

Last edited by robko; 08-29-2016 at 06:31 PM.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:49 PM   #14
cane
Enthusiast
cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3,Kindle Oasis 2016,2022 Basic kindle
I just spoke to them said they will ship my order to USA using UPS

Last edited by cane; 08-29-2016 at 10:31 PM.
cane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:52 PM   #15
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
I am waiting for the Indigo bookstores to receive the Aura One shipments.

I probably get one next week if it is in stock.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote