Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-05-2007, 10:45 PM   #1
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
libprs500 doesn't see my reader?

I'm hoping I've missed something obvious. Do I need to do something special to make libprs500 see my Reader under Windows?
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman View Post
I'm hoping I've missed something obvious. Do I need to do something special to make libprs500 see my Reader under Windows?
if you have Connect software installed, you have the USB driver for Connect installed as well. You cannot have both the Connect USB driver and the libprs500 USB driver at the same time. The Connect USB driver seems to get priority. In order to get libprs500 to work if you have Connect installed, delete the USB driver for Connect and reboot. You should still be able to use the Connect Store to purchase books I would think. But I'm not 100% sure.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2007, 01:57 AM   #3
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
OH.

Shoot, I might have to reinstall connect then. I installed libprs500 on my windows box, but only to convert files with. I still wanted to be able to use connect for transferring stuff to my reader. But I think I did delete that file in the process.
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:59 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Libprs500 (Windows) now has the ability to deselect (on install) the installation of the uSB driver. So if you want to use Connet's USB driver, just make sure that libprs500's USB driver is deleted and that you deselect it in future installs.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #5
coleman
Connoisseur

What does the device driver show up as? Can you do something like enable/disable devices in the device manager as you want to use one program or the other?
Advert
Old 09-06-2007, 11:19 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The libprs500 driver shows up under libusb-win32
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:06 AM   #7
coleman
Connoisseur

yep thanks, I finally figured out how it worked. I didn't think hard enough about what I was effectively trying to do(install 2 device drivers for one device and just keep one disabled all the time) so that wasn't gonna work. It's too annoying to keep updating the device driver to swap between the two, and it looks like I can't manage collections under libprs500 so that limits the usefulness for me.
Thanks for the help!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can manage collections using the beta GUI
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:04 AM   #9
coleman
Connoisseur

I had wondered, some posts other people made implied that. I'll check it out.
Thanks!