Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
wraithien
wraithien began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
sync issues help please?

Hey guys I'm trying to get some content onto my PRS 650 from my mac and my Ereader is not displaying at all on my Macbook Pro desktop though it's plugged in charging but for whatever reason its not being recognized. I've done a basic reset which hasn't helped. I'm just wondering if any of you would know whats going on
wraithien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
I plug my 650 into my Mac running Snow Leopard and it mounts as two drives immediately, don't use SRL and hate auto syncing so use drag'n'drop or calibre to load... try another USB cable and/or port and see if that works... it is actually possible to charge and still not connect as power and data lines are separate in cable...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
wraithien

Elcreative thanks for the reply yes that's what mine does well did till now, I've tried the other USB port so I'm beginning to think its the USB cable though I've only used it about four times since I got it in December.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Yes, I recommend you try a different cable next. Someone had a similar post and a new cable fixed it for them.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:59 AM   #5
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
If you typically just suspend your OS, so you can have faster access, try doing a full shut down and re-boot, as that may fix things.

On my Linux Netbook, I find that occasionally mounts get stuck such that they hang around after the USB is removed. If this happens, sometimes the auto-mounter can't re-mount the device when you plug it back in.

If I just 'suspend' it doesn't clear up the problem, but doing a full shutdown and reboot does.

About 90% of the Macs OS's original low level code was ripped off from Linux and BSD so you may have similar problem.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
wraithien

Hey Guys sorry for the late reply thanks for the help. One somewhat expensive micro USB cable later and i have a fully functioning Ereader again.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I'm glad it is fixed, wraithien. Thank you for reporting back with your solution!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote