Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
mushroomyakuza
mushroomyakuza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Angry Problems with PRS300 and orange light

Hi all

I JUST got my Reader back from Sony. I live in Japan, had it sent home to the UK to be examined, and Sony concluded that there was no problem with it.

It had been constantly freezing when I was reading it, suddenly and unexpectedly, after reading perhaps 20 pages. I reset it and left it on charge overnght several times to try and make sure the battery wasn't the problem. But everytime, within half an hour or so of reading, the same problem occured again and again and the Reader wouldn't respond in any way until the battery drained entirely, forcing me to recharge it again.

Now, the Reader arrived back yesterday, and it worked fine. For all of one day! Try to turn it on this morning and the little LED at the top flashes orange once, but nothing happens. Nothing on the screen, nothing whatsoever.

Last night I did put some new files across onto the Reader, all in ePub format and even read one of them for about twenty minutes last night with no problem. Only when I try to turn it on this morning, nothing!

This is becoming ridiculous, especially as Sony claim there was "no problem". Judging from what I've read online, the orange light means either the Reader is trying to access your computer, or you're turning it on/off.

Last night I did connect it via USB, then pressed the button on the Reader Library to remove the Reader. That left with the "USB CONNECTED" message on the Reader rathet than the "DO NOT DISCONNECT" one, at which point I unplugged the USB. But why would that cause a problem?

I really am at my wit's end now, and if anyone can help, I would much appreciate it. I'm on the verge of just buying a Kindle, because this is ridiculous.

My Reader is a PRS-300 by the way.

Many thanks all

UPDATE: I plugged the Reader into the wall charger for three hours to see if made any difference. It charged, the red light went on, then later it went off, signifying, I assume, that it was fully charged. I turned it on and found that the Reader had lost my bookmark and "Continue Reading" was not an option - as if I had forgotten I was reading anything. I quickly found my page again and bookmarked it, then put it down, not seeing what else I could do for the moment. Now, about an hour later, I just picked it up to try it again, and now it won't even turn on.

This is driving me mad.

Last edited by mushroomyakuza; 10-07-2010 at 12:31 AM.
mushroomyakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:36 AM   #2
mushroomyakuza
mushroomyakuza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Sorry for the double post but - 58 views and no replies? No one has any idea?
mushroomyakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert