Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 05:02 AM   #21346
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Nice, I have only found the paper ones in the US and they are ok but not great..
The ones I'm using/talking about are paper too, but they don't 'feel' like paper. They feel more like the disposable paper underwear you can find at airports, more silky feeling rather than paper feeling.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #21347
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
They feel more like the disposable paper underwear you can find at airports, more silky feeling rather than paper feeling.

Stitchawl

That is just another thing on my list of things that you talk about that I have never seen here in America.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #21348
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
That is just another thing on my list of things that you talk about that I have never seen here in America.
If you are talking about the disposable underwear, every major U.S. airport sells it in the traveler's goods shelves (as opposed to souvenir stuff shelves,) usually in 3-packs.

If you are talking about the empty tea bags, Amazon.com has 24 different brands of 'em! (Amazon also sells the disposable underwear in quite a few different styles!)

I've made another lemon/lime 'Ricky' without the sugar or the orange juice. It really, REALLY needs either or both...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #21349
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
If you are talking about the disposable underwear, every major U.S. airport sells it in the traveler's goods shelves (as opposed to souvenir stuff shelves,) usually in 3-packs.

If you are talking about the empty tea bags, Amazon.com has 24 different brands of 'em! (Amazon also sells the disposable underwear in quite a few different styles!)

I've made another lemon/lime 'Ricky' without the sugar or the orange juice. It really, REALLY needs either or both...

Stitchawl

Tea bags I have seen... disposable underwear? Nope... but I have not flown much since 2000.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #21350
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Then make it with the OJ. sheeesh

I know what you mean, I just have not found a brand of self filled tea bags I love.

Pu-erh Touchas from Tea Gschwendner at work. I brought in a modified tea collection today. 7 teas, an infuser, a thermometer/timer, and a mug that is microwaveable. My current office does not have a hot water dispenser so water will have to be nuked or heated using someones plastic kettle. (sigh)

I got an offer letter for a new job. Well, it is actually my old job with a new company. There is no specific start date since a few things need to happen with the contract being extended. So I should be moving back to my old location, I just don't know when. My current job has not assigned me to a team or a seat. So I am on day three of doing nothing. Once I get my new location, I will look at bringing in my larger hot water dispenser, the one that Stitchawl and a few others have. We are using my favorite for making the water for the babies bottle. No biggie, the thermometer will let me make my green teas easily enough. I want to limit my belongings to no more then one trip to the car to bring all my stuff home. That means paring down the tea collection. I am thinking of rotating what I bring in each week instead of having 40 teas at work.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #21351
VydorScope
Wizard

So will the new position allow you reduce the time for Lucas to be in day care?
Old 09-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #21352
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yup. It will take me 10 minutes to get to work, so mornings like today when he woke up at 4:30 and wanted to eat, I could breast feed and not hand him off to my hubby to bottle feed. And it will take me 10 minutes to pick him up at day care. Which is better than 30-40. Toss in not paying for parking and gas and life is good. It could save as little as an hour in day care, which is worth it, but it might save 3-4 hours in day care. We still don't know where the current job is going to place me so we don't know what my hours are going to be.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #21353
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Iced Tea.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #21354
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Yup. It will take me 10 minutes to get to work, so mornings like today when he woke up at 4:30 and wanted to eat, I could breast feed and not hand him off to my hubby to bottle feed. And it will take me 10 minutes to pick him up at day care. Which is better than 30-40. Toss in not paying for parking and gas and life is good. It could save as little as an hour in day care, which is worth it, but it might save 3-4 hours in day care. We still don't know where the current job is going to place me so we don't know what my hours are going to be.
Awesome.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #21355
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
I get my new location, I will look at bringing in my larger hot water dispenser, the one that Stitchawl and a few others have. We are using my favorite for making the water for the babies bottle. No biggie, the thermometer will let me make my green teas easily enough. I want to limit my belongings to no more then one trip to the car to bring all my stuff home. That means paring down the tea collection. I am thinking of rotating what I bring in each week instead of having 40 teas at work.
Consider one of those old folk pill containers. Some have fairly large compartments. You can put different teas in for each day without having 40 1/4 lb tins to deal with.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #21356
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Once I get back to my old job site I should be able to have my teas and cast iron tea pot back.

Cup 2 of Pu-erh
Old 09-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #21357
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, that will be better in so many ways, agreed.

This morning, a change -- Lion Moutain Keemun to go with my fresh squeezed orange juice.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #21358
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Cup 3 of Pu-erh
Old 09-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #21359
CRussel
(he/him/his)

A mug of Scottish Breakfast tea. This is a Peet's blend that includes a bit of Lapsang Souchong, and it does well on a fall day.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #21360
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Coke Zero.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?