Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #166
waterlubber
hobbyist
waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 4 NT (Non-Touch)
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The same way you jailbreak one without special offers.
On the Kindles, a "jailbreak" means just adding additional public keys to test the package signature against. Has nothing to do with "special offers".
but Can someone give me a step-by-step? For n00bs? (not total, just kindle n00bs.)
waterlubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #167
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Top sticky: Master Index
Topic: K4
Section: Hacks
Entry: Jailbreak
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #168
treaders
treaders began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Hi everybody. I am a new Amazon Kindle 4NT user. I want to read epub with my K4, so first i jailbroak it and i installed Coolreader 3. Coolreader installation finished succesfully but i could not work it. There is a (like) book "CR3 Runner v2.5" when i click it appering an pop up "this device is not authorize as a test Kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer" so, i can't use Coolreader 3.

What is your comment on this problem?
treaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #169
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by treaders View Post
... "this device is not authorize as a test Kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer" so, i can't use Coolreader 3.

What is your comment on this problem?
Install the combined developer keystore. Look in the kindlet index, which you can find in the master index sticky thread.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-10-2012 at 11:30 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #170
treaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Install the combined developer keystore. Look in the kindlet index, which you can find in the master index sticky thread.
Thanks @geekmaster. i solved the problem. The problem has been solved wiht updating with wifi.

Firstyful i returned it factory default setting and installed jailbreak and coolreader again. And dial up a network (turned on wifi). so it worked.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #171
treaders

Quote:
Hi, geekmaster, the problem started again. Then i tried your method but i couldnt do it.

You had said, "]Install the combined developer keystore", did you mean this? İf yes, i couldn't find this adress in my kindle 4NT: Copying this developer.keystore to your /var/local/java/keystore/ and restarting the Kindle will allow using any of these developer's Kindlet.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #172
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi, geekmaster, the problem started again. Then i tried your method but i couldnt do it.

You had said, "]Install the combined developer keystore", did you mean this? İf yes, i couldn't find this adress in my kindle 4NT: Copying this developer.keystore to your /var/local/java/keystore/ and restarting the Kindle will allow using any of these developer's Kindlet.
You either need to use an installer package, or you need to access that location using an SSH connection to the kindle. Read more in the "K4NT Hacking" wiki, which you can find in the K4 Index wiki (which you can find in the "Master Index" sticky thread).
Old 09-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #173
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Thanks @geekmaster. i solved the problem. The problem has been solved wiht updating with wifi.

Firstyful i returned it factory default setting and installed jailbreak and coolreader again. And dial up a network (turned on wifi). so it worked.
Note that doing a "Reset to factory defaults" does not undo any firmware changes you've made.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #174
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@treaders: I just released an update package to install PoP's combined keystore (the one linked by GM) that *should* support every device out there . See this post.

AFAIR, there's possibly an older installer laying around for legacy devices, and ixtab's installer for the Touch, but there wasn't anything for the K4 (except the jailbreak itself), so, there.

Bonus points, that was a fun experiment to work on a clean KindleTool buildscript supporting the whole range of Kindle devices .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:30 AM   #175
treaders

Quote:
You either need to use an installer package, or you need to access that location using an SSH connection to the kindle. Read more in the "K4NT Hacking" wiki, which you can find in the K4 Index wiki (which you can find in the "Master Index" sticky thread).
geekmaster, i guess i can solely do it with installer package. Where do i find this installer package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Note that doing a "Reset to factory defaults" does not undo any firmware changes you've made.
i dont know what happened when i reset to factory default but coolreader had worked once. just once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@treaders: I just released an update package to install PoP's combined keystore (the one linked by GM) that *should* support every device out there . See this post.

AFAIR, there's possibly an older installer laying around for legacy devices, and ixtab's installer for the Touch, but there wasn't anything for the K4 (except the jailbreak itself), so, there.

Bonus points, that was a fun experiment to work on a clean KindleTool buildscript supporting the whole range of Kindle devices .
NiLuJe, i hope it works.

I have read your either post. i wanna try this. But i couldnt properly understand how to install. There are two zip files "kindle-dummy-0.N.zip and kindle-combined-dev-certs-20120712.zip" which one i should download and how can i install it? (and which file for support my 4NT)

Execuse me NiLuje, i am a new user.

Last edited by treaders; 09-14-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #176
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@treaders: Strangely enough, the update_dev-key-20120712_install-k4.bin file in the kindle-combined-dev-certs-20120712 package...
Old 09-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #177
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@NiLuJe: I can see how the name: "update_dummy-***.zip" could be mis-understood by some users.

There is a series of books titled: "<something> for dummies" likely to be familar to non-technical backgrounded people.

I.E: This book series:
http://www.dummies.com/store/Computers-Internet.html
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #178
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
There is a series of books titled: "<something> for dummies" likely to be familar to non-technical backgrounded people.
My favorite is "The Complete Idiot's Guide for Dummies".

EDIT: I have used that as a twisted "mixed metaphor" joke for years. But now I see that it is REAL:

My favorite "mixed metaphor" is "Don't burn your bridges at both ends".

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-14-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #179
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1/geekmaster: I'm familiar with those, yes . (We even have them in french '... pour les Nuls' ^^)
Old 09-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #180
treaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@treaders: Strangely enough, the update_dev-key-20120712_install-k4.bin file in the kindle-combined-dev-certs-20120712 package...
NiLuJe, i installed it and coolreader started. first "waiting for comment" appeared on screen then when i pressed menu button "./cr3 -qws " appeared.

What does it mean?

Tags
kindle 4th gen hack