Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
rolexconfuse
Connoisseur
rolexconfuse began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
PDF to DJVU

Is there any way to easily convert a PDF to a DJVU with good contrast? K2pdfopt looks like it will convert a PDF to DJVU but the formatting within the PDF is all shot. I've tried document express 6.5 and it just allows you to set the gamma and which does nothing if the reader ignores it. To the actual file contrast stays the same
rolexconfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
ab7vf
Enthusiast
ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dxg and newfound Icarus 8
You might try pdf2djvu (google code) .. I've not used it, but it might do the job

Jim
ab7vf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #3
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Or you could extract the PDF as (high res) images, run them through Scan Tailor to turn them into 1 bit images (black and white, not grayscale) and then convert to DjVu with whatever program.

Have fun.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
rolexconfuse
Connoisseur

I tried djvu there's no option to darken the image
Old 04-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
rolexconfuse
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
Or you could extract the PDF as (high res) images, run them through Scan Tailor to turn them into 1 bit images (black and white, not grayscale) and then convert to DjVu with whatever program.

Have fun.
considering I have a 600 page PDF that would quite tough
Advert
Old 04-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
You don't do one page at a time... In Scan Tailor you'll probably have to adjust some heights but that's about it. Everything else is done in batches. Or were you expecting a one click solution? And why DjVu? Most devices support PDF in one way or another.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
rolexconfuse
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
You don't do one page at a time... In Scan Tailor you'll probably have to adjust some heights but that's about it. Everything else is done in batches. Or were you expecting a one click solution? And why DjVu? Most devices support PDF in one way or another.
Most devices support PDF but the auto cropping or hide margin's don't really do enough. Djvu seems to get ride of all the unwanted borders making the PDF bigger on the screen.

I've tried briss and it works awesome but not completely. If i tried to load the pdf file and then say exclude X files, Briss seems to load but then stalls. If i say load everything without exclusion then it works fine.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexconfuse View Post
Most devices support PDF but the auto cropping or hide margin's don't really do enough. Djvu seems to get ride of all the unwanted borders making the PDF bigger on the screen.

I've tried briss and it works awesome but not completely. If i tried to load the pdf file and then say exclude X files, Briss seems to load but then stalls. If i say load everything without exclusion then it works fine.
Do you know PDF Scissors? Does a lot more than briss ...
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
K2pdfopt does not convert to DJVU

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexconfuse View Post
Is there any way to easily convert a PDF to a DJVU with good contrast? K2pdfopt looks like it will convert a PDF to DJVU but the formatting within the PDF is all shot. I've tried document express 6.5 and it just allows you to set the gamma and which does nothing if the reader ignores it. To the actual file contrast stays the same
K2pdfopt will convert DJVU to PDF, but not the other way around (it does not write DJVU files).
willus is offline   Reply With Quote