Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
sylviebi
Connoisseur
sylviebi is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, DSi xl, 3DS, iPod, Playbbok
What do you like listening to on your Kindle?

I like listening to the sounds of "whatever" while I read on my kindle. Like the sounds of thunderstorm, whales, loons, Algonquin Parc...
What do you like to listen to?
sylviebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I don't listen to music on my Kindle. I use my iPhone.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
My Kindle is mute.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylviebi View Post
I like listening to the sounds of "whatever" while I read on my kindle. Like the sounds of thunderstorm, whales, loons, Algonquin Parc...
What do you like to listen to?
nothing, i read.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
dax123
Connoisseur
dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Silver PRS 600, Red PRS 650, Kindle 3 WiFi (Keyboard), Kindle 4 basic
I can't concentrate when having sound around me while reading, so I don't listen to anything on my kindle.
dax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
radiohead "in rainbows"
have a sufjan stevens ep on there right now
i don't listen to music when i read, but i like listening to music on my kindle for some reason.
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:04 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I like listening to classical music while I read and the Kindle is very handy for that because of its built-in speakers; something lacking in my MP3 player (Sansa Clip+).
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:09 AM   #8
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
I listen to Suzy Solar's DJ show/podcast

http://suzysolar.com/suzysolar/

She doesn't talk, just music, so it's nice to listen to while reading
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #9
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
I just read. I'm afraid of what playing background music might do to the battery life in the long term. I don't want to take chances and end up having to recharge the kindle every couple of days after a year or so
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #10
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I put a couple podcasts on there from time to time. That, and I'll sometimes listen to the e-voice read to me.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #11
sylviebi
Connoisseur
sylviebi is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, DSi xl, 3DS, iPod, Playbbok
mine was mute too for a while because I was worried about battery life but since I had my kindle replaced and had never used this feature on my previous one... I broke it and had this big regret thing going on... I thought this time why not...
Voices would be distracting. so sounds only. I find it helps drown out all the other noises going on in my house. Quiet does not happen in my house until after midnight and I am asleep then :-)
sylviebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #12
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I would have to use headphones to get decent sound quality, but long use of headphone + reading = headache.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #13
skyingbo
skyingbo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I often listen ghost stories,some have more effects.
skyingbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:12 AM   #14
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Nothing so far, however I do have some star trek audiobooks loaded on there in case I ever fancy listening to something on it. I doubt I will though as I usually listen to audiobooks on my iPhone.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #15
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Silence. Now be quiet, I'm reading

Shhh,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote