Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #46
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
"My name is red" by Orhan Pamuk. It is set in 17c Ottoman Empire. It may be too literary for some, but it is a very good book.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #47
LucyLu
Bookaholic
LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PocketBook Touch
"Have you actually read The Hypnotist? IMHO, this is easily the worst Nordic thriller I've ever read."

Doitsu@ It depends on personal taste.

I usually avoid Nordic thrillers, they are not my cup of tea (I find the acclaimed Henning Mankell books interesting as a box of sleeping pills.). This book was a gift and it was not so bad as you depicted it. I repeat it's a matter of personal taste.
LucyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #48
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I recommend the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency books by Alexander McCall Smith, set in Botswana.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #49
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Chief Inspector Chen Cao - Qiu Xiaolong - Shanghai
I have only read one of these, Death of a Red Heroine, but that book was interesting as a glimpse into Chinese politics and history, and if I remember correctly, poetry.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote