Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Getting Samsungs Galaxy Player 5 soon...

It should be here today or Monday. I have some questions for SGP5 users.

Will I be able to load music and books from a Mac? Doesn't really say on their website.

Since this is an outdated Android software will this be a magnet for viruses like Windows or Apple?

I really wanted a 5" since the Ipod Touch is too small for me and 7" is too big. Should I have waited for a newer version of Samsungs?

I listen to MP3 audiobooks is there an App for that?

Thanks!
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
You shouldn't have problems with adding stuff from a mac, unless they've put some kind of anti-android stuff in their computers. I doubt that's the case, so no worries there.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I listen to MP3 audiobooks is there an App for that?

Thanks!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...udiobookplayer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....playerwidgets
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Talking

Thanks I downloaded the player on the first link. What is the second link widget?

By the way I plugged in the SGP5 on the Mac and you just touch use as USB hard drive on the SGP5 and it works. Just drag and drop your music, books, pictures, videos.

I ended up ordering the 32gb card I will be filling it up soon.

Pretty good screen and pretty easy to figure out. Still learning though. I will have more questions.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The widget is for controlling the player so that you don't need to keep it open
It works with both mortplayer apps
(there's "mortplayer audio books" and "mort player music")
Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
The widget is for controlling the player so that you don't need to keep it open
It works with both mortplayer apps
(there's "mortplayer audio books" and "mort player music")
Thanks, do you use this app?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

I use the music one.
Don't listen to audiobooks it's too slow for me, but recommended it already to several users here and all were happy like kittens with a laser pointer
Old 11-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
I use the music one.
Don't listen to audiobooks it's too slow for me, but recommended it already to several users here and all were happy like kittens with a laser pointer
I remember some equipment that could play tapes faster without distortion by cutting out little tiny segments (of sound) as it went along. Using this you could have good sound with no distortion for a pretty good speed change.

i.e. You could listen to something in half the time and understand it quite well. Does these audio book apps have this capability?
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Speed listening, the chipmunk way
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
I remember some equipment that could play tapes faster without distortion by cutting out little tiny segments (of sound) as it went along. Using this you could have good sound with no distortion for a pretty good speed change.

i.e. You could listen to something in half the time and understand it quite well. Does these audio book apps have this capability?
Text to speech will do this on a Kindle Fire HD or other Kindle, not the Paperwhite of course.

I find it funny on listening to Grisham book, No. is said as number, but it should be no. Other things that are really words are read as abbreviations, I wish I could correct it, because the new voice on the KFHD is great.

But for the SMGP5 I have no clue. Still learning.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #11
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
My iPod offer this for audiobooks, a choice of 1/2 speed, normal speed or 2x speed. The 2x speed sounds fine, the 1/2 speeds sounds pretty odd though.
Looks like Astro Player Nova offers this for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ayerbeta&hl=en
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

No idea.
As I said, my reading speed exceeds spoken language that much that read-aloud in comparison to reading myself is a PITA for me.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #13
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Speed listening, the chipmunk way

"I just want a Hula Hoop"
Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyphemus View Post

"I just want a Hula Hoop"
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #15
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
No idea.
As I said, my reading speed exceeds spoken language...
Mine does too, (darned speed reading courses) and as a result I dont get detail when reading the printed word. I still want to read words, but I do enjoy listening to the book being read to me because suddenly I realise that there are bits I have missed... I particularly enjoyed Stephen Fry reading Harry Potter.

To the OP: Drag and drop with Android is fine, but you might also want to take a look at Doubletwist, which kinda serves pretty well as an itunes for Android. (I think you'd still have to drag and drop books though, but audio stuff... easy) And they have a really nice Android player, too. These are free. If you want Airsync and Airplay it will cost a measly $4.99. Good deal, I reckon.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 11-28-2012 at 12:29 AM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote