Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
weeziepepper
Enthusiast
weeziepepper began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150, Astak Pocket Pro
How can I authorize 2 "devices" in ADE with my Pocket Pro?

Hello everyone.

I had to return my Pocket Pro because of paint damage. I received my new PP and all is good. I just realized today that I had to authorize the new PP with ADE so that worked out well.

But I could have sworn I also had my SD card authorized when I used it on the old PP. I put all my books on the SD card and (unless I'm going batty) I think I used to just put the SD card in my computer and download ebooks directly to it instead of hooking up the PP to the computer. Does this make sense? Now ADE won't let me download to the SD card.

Anyway, is there a way I can also "authorize" the SD card with ADE so I don't have to plug in my PP when I want to download ebooks?

Also another quick question - do I HAVE to use ADE on DRM pdf and epubs? I don't like it at all - too confusing and cumbersome. Can I just download a DRM ebook and transfer straight to the PP or SD card and bypass ADE?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Weezie
weeziepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeziepepper View Post
Hello everyone.

I had to return my Pocket Pro because of paint damage. I received my new PP and all is good. I just realized today that I had to authorize the new PP with ADE so that worked out well.

But I could have sworn I also had my SD card authorized when I used it on the old PP. I put all my books on the SD card and (unless I'm going batty) I think I used to just put the SD card in my computer and download ebooks directly to it instead of hooking up the PP to the computer. Does this make sense? Now ADE won't let me download to the SD card.

Anyway, is there a way I can also "authorize" the SD card with ADE so I don't have to plug in my PP when I want to download ebooks?

Also another quick question - do I HAVE to use ADE on DRM pdf and epubs? I don't like it at all - too confusing and cumbersome. Can I just download a DRM ebook and transfer straight to the PP or SD card and bypass ADE?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Weezie
You actually don't authorize the SD card. The SD card and the internal memory look like memory devices when plugged in. You authorize to the device but having done that the ADE can't tell whether it is seeing the SD card through the device or plugged into a memory card. So you can use a memory card but it is still authorized only for the one device.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
weeziepepper
Enthusiast
weeziepepper began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150, Astak Pocket Pro
Thanks for the help Dale.

That makes sense so next time I download an ebook I'll see if it works ok just putting the SD card directly into my computer.

Weezie
weeziepepper is offline   Reply With Quote