Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-13-2005, 06:49 AM   #1
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Add your voice to free audiobooks

LibriVox is an open source community project in which volunteers read and record public domain literary works in order to create free audiobook versions.

LibriVox is an open source audio-literary attempt to harness the power of the many to record and disseminate, in podcast form, books from the public domain. It works like this: a book is chosen, then *you*, the volunteers, read and record one or more chapters. We liberate the audio files through this webblog/podcast every week (day ?). LibriVox is a VOLUNTEER project: if you have problems with the quality of a recording, get busy and make another one; If you wish to listen, please enjoy; if you wish to record, please contact librivox.

Check out LibriVox if you're looking for a good source of free audiobooks. If you think you have a great voice for the spoken word, sign up as a volunteer!

[via Make]
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:45 AM   #2
MrSaint
Little Computer Guy
MrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it is

Device: Treo 650 + iPaq
I think this project could work. Of course there should be some kind of standard regarding voice and recording quality, but given how many people listen to podcasts already, I am sure there are also those who would love to become famous by "borrowing" their voice.
MrSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2005, 10:08 AM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I agree -- I think this is a great idea! Some years back I would definitely have done one. Still might do one in the future if I ever get a lull with some extra time on my hands for something like that.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote