Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #46
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
At that price point, my first choice thus far is the Gecko Deluxe cover at $33 CDN plus shipping, although I'd like to see a photo of the inside before ordering.

I like the outside looks of that.

But for me, I want one that will ALSO cover the bezel. I personally dislike the 'wear and tear' look that occurs when the bezel starts to show that wear.

Are there some photos of this Gecko Deluxe showing the inside and how the Kobo is affixed to the case?

The one below is for the Kobo Aura, I think.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo_aura_luxe_blue_4.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	129001  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-28-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #47
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I like the outside looks of that.

But for me, I want one that will ALSO cover the bezel. I personally dislike the 'wear and tear' look that occurs when the bezel starts to show that wear.

Are there some photos of this Gecko Deluxe showing the inside and how the Kobo is affixed to the case?

The one below is for the Kobo Aura, I think.

Thanks.
I hope they continue to cover the FULL bezel like in the photo you posted. For the Glo and the Aura HD covers they had a cutout for the logo which I did not like at all.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2014, 05:44 PM   #48
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I hope they continue to cover the FULL bezel like in the photo you posted. For the Glo and the Aura HD covers they had a cutout for the logo which I did not like at all.
I don't like that, either. I covered the logo with black electrical tape.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #49
baochan
Enthusiast
baochan doesn't litterbaochan doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Pyrus Mini
The official Aura H2O Sleepcover is available for preorder on Kobo USA's site. No release date yet, $40. Too steep for me, gonna wait for coodio to come out with something, they look pretty nice.
baochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #50
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I saw it on Kobos site for £30, though the £34 postage on top really put me off!
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #51
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Another option en ebay.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/PU-LEATHER-SM...item4add3c4e3d
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:50 AM   #52
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks I may check that out.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:19 AM   #53
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
Thanks I may check that out.
It's on the ebay UK here if your interested, I've bookmarked it in case i get one eventually.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PU-LEATHER...item4add3c4e3d
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:22 AM   #54
simond
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
It's on the ebay UK here if your interested, I've bookmarked it in case i get one eventually.

I know, all I did was change the .es to .co.uk

I'm currently using a cheap case I picked up from Sainsburys which is doing the job but has the drawback the corner straps rather cover the power button...
Old 10-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #55
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post

I noticed that the pink and turquoise photos on this item show a different case, the clip in ultra slim ones that don't cover the bezel. When I contacted the seller, he said he expects to have the ultra slim cases in stock in 2-3 weeks.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #56
simond
Fanatic

I much prefer slim cases for my ebook readers, so I'll be holding off buying a new cover for a while until I find one I like
Old 10-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #57
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
I noticed that the pink and turquoise photos on this item show a different case, the clip in ultra slim ones that don't cover the bezel. When I contacted the seller, he said he expects to have the ultra slim cases in stock in 2-3 weeks.
Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out as I also like the ultra slim case as well. I've decided to defintely wait until I can see a demo model in WHSmith before I get one, by then I'll have the Voyage as well. It's probably something I'll get after Christmas as I want to sell my 6 inch kobo Aura first.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #58
qfwfq
Enthusiast
qfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Sony PRS-650; Kobo H2O; Kobo Libra 2; ONYX BOOX Note Air 2 Plus
I'm afraid that all the covers I've seen so far can't match with the flap over the usb port and you'll have to take the reader out when you need to remove the flap and recharge it...

Last edited by qfwfq; 10-05-2014 at 09:32 AM.
qfwfq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:22 PM   #59
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by qfwfq View Post
I'm afraid that all the covers I've seen so far can't match with the flap over the usb port and you'll have to take the reader out when you need to remove the flap and recharge it...

....because more than likely those covers were made for the Kobo Aura HD, and not specifically for the H2O.

That would be my guess.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:52 AM   #60
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Well that was quick - the H2O sleepcover is showing as "Out of Stock" on the Kobo Accessories page.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote