Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #16
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Maybe that one I linked, but if you just go into the menu in File Expert, to Utilities, Get New Apps, there is a "File Expert Classic Black Theme" right on the list, near the bottom that installs directly and shows right up in the Theme Manager. I just tried it. It's lovely. I think black is the new black. But I'm going back to the default.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Maybe that one I linked, but if you just go into the menu in File Expert, to Utilities, Get New Apps, there is a "File Expert Classic Black Theme" right on the list, near the bottom that installs directly and shows right up in the Theme Manager. I just tried it. It's lovely. I think black is the new black. But I'm going back to the default.
That worked! I like it much better now. K to you!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #18
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
I have had the Fire since its release day, and just recently decided to get a screen protector to deal with glare and fingerprints. Based on the reviews, I got a splash Masque HD, which cost a little more than most generics. I've had it for about a week, and I'm so satisfied with it that I'm buying one for my smartphone. It fits perfectly, works great, doesn't degrade the quality of the picture, and was the easiest screen protector that I've ever installed on a device.
(Note: I have no connection whatsoever with this product).
Is this a clear one or the non-glare? How is it with fingerprints? Fingerprints on glass screens drive me nuts!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #19
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Is this a clear one or the non-glare? How is it with fingerprints? Fingerprints on glass screens drive me nuts!
It's the one called "splash Masque HD Screen Protector Film " on Amazon; evidently the HD comes only one way (the other ones say "invisible" or "clear" or whatever), and it's excellent with fingerprints. And, as I said in my earlier post, I've never had a screen protector go on so easily without bubbles. It's washable and reusable, too.

Being that I have a case that stays on my KF all the time, I didn't see the need for a screen protector to prevent scratches. But the glare and the fingerprints were getting too distracting. With spring coming, and the prospect of being outside in sunlight with the Fire becoming an eventuality, I wanted to try a screen protector to reduce glare. I'm very happy with this one.
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #20
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire w/Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use ES File Explorer too but you need File Expert to open the Kindle books to be added to the shelf. You really don't need the Dropbox app you can add your account to ES File Explorer Net feature and access your Dropbox from there. It works pretty well.
Thanks for the tip about using Dropbox from within ES File Explorer. Since I had the version from Amazon, which hasn't been updated with that ability, I wasn't aware you could do that. After deleting the Amazon version, I was able to install the current version from the developer website, and it's a huge improvement. Me like.
calibrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrated View Post
Thanks for the tip about using Dropbox from within ES File Explorer. Since I had the version from Amazon, which hasn't been updated with that ability, I wasn't aware you could do that. After deleting the Amazon version, I was able to install the current version from the developer website, and it's a huge improvement. Me like.
The Amazon version is really old. You find alot of features have been added since then. I love the move to/copy to feature.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #22
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Got the Black Theme for File Expert. Looks cool. They also have a bookshelf one but doesnt seem compatible. It took a long time to DL so maybe better not to eat up memory for that
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote