Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-22-2016, 08:57 AM   #721
whismerhill
Connoisseur
whismerhill began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4(mine) & Kindle Touch(wife)
I don't use lists to feed the ereader yet maybe I will in the future.
yes but I would have liked to keep that autopopulated list as a "history"
e.g. wife says : "I think you removed something you shouldn't have"
I can connect back the ereader, & since I will have disabled the autopopulate it will not sync automatically on connection, which means I can compare what she had with what is now on the device & we can review that I made the right choices xD

ho well don't worry, I guess I'll just add books manually or keep doing what I've been doing so far.
Thanks for your interest though
whismerhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:08 AM   #722
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by whismerhill View Post
I would have liked to keep that autopopulated list as a "history"
So maybe what you want is a list that autopopulates added books but not removed ones.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2016, 12:58 PM   #723
whismerhill
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
So maybe what you want is a list that autopopulates added books but not removed ones.
I believe that would work yes.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:39 AM   #724
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I don't use lists to feed the ereader yet maybe I will in the future.
yes but I would have liked to keep that autopopulated list as a "history"
Ok, if that's what you are trying to do, you're stuck. You will never win that. The best you can do is apologise and buy her a nice bunch of flowers.
Quote:
I can connect back the ereader, & since I will have disabled the autopopulate it will not sync automatically on connection, which means I can compare what she had with what is now on the device & we can review that I made the right choices xD

ho well don't worry, I guess I'll just add books manually or keep doing what I've been doing so far.
Thanks for your interest though
With this use case and the other comments, I would think about using a date column. Use it as "Last seen on SWMBOs ereader". Set that each time you sync her device or send a book to it and you can know what was on the device on that day. Anything with an empty date hasn't been sent. Anything with a date less than the last connect date has was removed from the device. If you are concerned with tracking when something happened, you might also need "sent to" and "deleted from" dates. Unfortunately, I can't think of any way to automate setting these dates.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:27 AM   #725
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I would think you could do 'replace with device list / add new items only' and 'update column for add to list only' to achieve this?
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2016, 02:28 PM   #726
whismerhill
Connoisseur

Smile

wait wait wait wait,
that got me thinking, I know I know... it's exceptional enough to mark it in the calendar

I think :
Autopopulate from search : "ondevice:true"
should actually do exactly the same as "autopopulate from device". and with this usage, the checkbox "sync as soon as connected" can be unchecked.
Win ?

Unfortunately wife is currently away so I'll have to wait till she gets back to try some more (she packed her kindle with her obviously) in 2 weeks & a half

I'll keep you guyz updated on my findings if you want but already. This community's really more friendly than what I'm used to.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:48 PM   #727
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
wait wait wait wait,
that got me thinking, I know I know... it's exceptional enough to mark it in the calendar
But as your wife is away, will she believe it when she sees it on the calendar?
Quote:
I think :
Autopopulate from search : "ondevice:true"
should actually do exactly the same as "autopopulate from device". and with this usage, the checkbox "sync as soon as connected" can be unchecked.
Win ?
Maybe. It's possible that as soon as you disconnect the device, the search will be redone and the list emptied. Or, when you close and reopen calibre without the device connected. And of course, it will change if you connect a different device.
Quote:
Unfortunately wife is currently away so I'll have to wait till she gets back to try some more (she packed her kindle with her obviously) in 2 weeks & a half
Well, you can do some of the experiments with your Kindle.
Quote:
I'll keep you guyz updated on my findings if you want but already. This community's really more friendly than what I'm used to.
We try.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:09 AM   #728
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I was wondering something. Couldn't you just create a custom column like I've done?

I have a Y/N custom column and reading list for my Samsung tablet and it works fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	On Tab.png
Views:	334
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	148876  
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:05 PM   #729
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Device connection question

I'm setting up the RL plugin and it appears that I have to connect my Kindle and tablets via USB to configure them? Once configured, will I have to connect via USB to sync? I've never had to connect any devices to my PC before - if it's a one-time thing that would be OK but if not I don't think I would want to bother with it. I guess I was assuming the lists would be maintained on Calibre and just sent to the Kindle email addresses when needed...

Thanks,

CC
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:18 PM   #730
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I'm setting up the RL plugin and it appears that I have to connect my Kindle and tablets via USB to configure them? Once configured, will I have to connect via USB to sync? I've never had to connect any devices to my PC before - if it's a one-time thing that would be OK but if not I don't think I would want to bother with it. I guess I was assuming the lists would be maintained on Calibre and just sent to the Kindle email addresses when needed...

Thanks,

CC
That's not necessarily true - my understanding is that you only have to tell the Reading List PI about a device if you want it to associate a Reading List with a device. But I never attach any of my devices to calibre, nor do I own a Kindle, so...

I use this PI a lot. The attachments show a simple example of a 'Reading List' of books that mention "Credit Default Swaps" (courtesy of X1 search and the Drop Search Results PI).

BR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	150930   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	150931  

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-13-2016 at 05:25 PM. Reason: clarity
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:07 PM   #731
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I guess I was assuming the lists would be maintained on Calibre and just sent to the Kindle email addresses when needed...
There have been a spate of problems with the Amazon/Kindle email feature recently, are you sure you're not falling foul of those. Here's one https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=277244

I don't use the email to Kindle feature. Understanding the rationale for emailing something from the PC in front of me, to the e-reader beside me, via Amazon, is way beyond my pay grade

BR
Old 08-13-2016, 07:18 PM   #732
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
There have been a spate of problems with the Amazon/Kindle email feature recently, are you sure you're not falling foul of those. Here's one https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=277244

I don't use the email to Kindle feature. Understanding the rationale for emailing something from the PC in front of me, to the e-reader beside me, via Amazon, is way beyond my pay grade

BR
They PAY you

BTW I agree
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:47 PM   #733
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
They PAY you
Really, why would they pay me for clogging up their pipes - they should pay me for not sending them!!!

I don't get any of this social media monetising malarkey. I'm told it's possible to make money by echoing other people's idle, and often malign, thoughts that would be better left in the originators heads.

At least old rope is useful as decoration in one's boatshed hideaway

BR
Old 11-30-2016, 12:02 AM   #734
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Can this plugin be used to add all books not on the device to the device automatically.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:49 AM   #735
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Can this plugin be used to add all books not on the device to the device automatically.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Yes, it's my main use for it.

Name:	List.JPG
Views:	475
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	153301
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote