Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #451
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
That all looks perfectly fine - which means the plugin upgrade worked as expected and put the data in your database. The library preferences stuff is just the underlying data behind your list settings - the long lists of numbers are the calibre book ids on that list, so it is showing you have at a rough guess around 100 books or on that list.

Perhaps your device has changed. Have you reformatted it for instance? That will result in the device getting a different calibre id, which will mean that list is no longer associated with your Sony. With the device plugged in go to the Devices tab of this plugin and look to see whether the Status column shows your device is conencted, or whether that column is blank and "Add connected device" is enabled. If so do the add, delete the old device, and change your list to point to the new device.

The other suggestion is to run calibre in debug mode (with your device disconnected), then plug your device in and post the output in a spoiler tag. The stuff that is of interest will start 'READING LIST:' in the debug output.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #452
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
......Perhaps your device has changed. Have you reformatted it for instance? That will result in the device getting a different calibre id, which will mean that list is no longer associated with your Sony. With the device plugged in go to the Devices tab of this plugin and look to see whether the Status column shows your device is conencted, or whether that column is blank and "Add connected device" is enabled. If so do the add, delete the old device, and change your list to point to the new device.
This was the problem. I had to do a factory reset earlier this week. I did not realize that would make a difference and don't remember having a problem the last time I did a reset.

Thanks kiwdude!
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #453
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Hi,

I'm not entirely sure, if this is a Calibre problem or a plugin one, but because I only encounter it with Reading List, I'm posting here. I have a custom column called pagecount. I have my books sorted by this column. Every time I delete a book from a list, calibre reorders the booklist by author, without me telling it to do it. The little arrow is still beside the pagecount header. Is there a way to prevent calibre reordering the list? It's annoying.
Firedancer885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #454
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The only time the plugin will alter the sort order on screen is if you choose to View a list. Perhaps you have the contents of a list displayed on screen (your search says marked:xxx), then change the sort order and then remove a book from the list? In that situation the plugin will definitely refresh the books on screen so as to show them in their new order on the list.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #455
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
The only time the plugin will alter the sort order on screen is if you choose to View a list. Perhaps you have the contents of a list displayed on screen (your search says marked:xxx), then change the sort order and then remove a book from the list? In that situation the plugin will definitely refresh the books on screen so as to show them in their new order on the list.
When I open a list, it automatically gets sorted by author, even when the arrow is in the pagecount column. I need to click the pagecount column again to sort the books properly. When I remove a book, the list refreshes itself, but now it's again sorted by author. I haven't clicked the author column, the arrow is still in the pagecount column.

Last edited by Firedancer885; 07-05-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: typo
Advert
Old 07-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #456
kiwidude

When you say "open" a list, you mean the "View list" feature, right? It is *not* sorted by author. It is sorted by position on that list. Reading lists are positional, the order you click on columns in the GUI is irrelevant to the contents of a list. The fact that the arrow is displayed on the Author column is just a quirk of the gui (well the Qt grid the gui uses). The actual sort criteria currently in use at the time the gui displays the list is not a visible column, so the gui is left displaying an arrow against the last sort column that was in use before the list was displayed.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #457
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Quote:
When you say "open" a list, you mean the "View list" feature, right? It is *not* sorted by author. It is sorted by position on that list. Reading lists are positional
Yes, I mean the view list feature So when I have a list displayed and remove a book, the list refreshes itself and then displays the books in their original positions again. Sometimes that can be very annoying. Is there a way to cirkumwent this?

By somehow updating the book positions perhaps?

Last edited by Firedancer885; 07-05-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: suggestion
Old 07-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #458
kiwidude

No there isn't - the whole point of view list is to see the books in their order on the list. So it has to sort the list to be able to do that. And after a user removes a book from a list, it makes sense that if they are currently viewing that list that they now see the effect by the books not appearing any more - which can only be done by redisplaying the list.

As I said above sort order is only applied while viewing a list. So either don't remove the books from a list while viewing a list (you don't have to be viewing a list to remove them, obviously it helps as you know for sure the books are on that list but it isn't mandatory to do it that way). Or don't manually change the sort order while viewing a list. Or assign a keyboard shortcut to your preferred sort order using the View Manager plugin and hit that to restore your preferred sort (which is what I do).
Old 07-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #459
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Thanks for the view manager suggestion. I'll try that.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #460
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Hi,

is there a way to identify if a story is part of any reading lists, without having to comb through the existing lists one by one? If there isn't, I'd like to request this feature.

sorry. Found the column update feature.

Last edited by Firedancer885; 07-15-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #461
kiwidude

By column update I assume you mean you found the ability to update a tag or custom column when a book is placed or removed from a list. Certainly that is the most common way to visually identify.

Another way that is less convenient is if you choose "Move to list". On the left side it will show you what (editable) lists a book is currently on. It won't include auto-generated lists, and of course you will have to cancel the popup dialog. So a custom column or tag is your best bet.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #462
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Thanks
Old 07-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #463
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
I keep getting this error message when I connect my Kindle 4, update it (using the reading list plugin), and disconnect it. I'm using v0.8.61 of calibre and v1.5.0 of the Reading List plugin:

Code:
calibre, version 0.8.61
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>RuntimeError</b>:wrapped C/C++ object of %S has been deleted

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.config", line 777, in on_device_metadata_available
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.config", line 862, in update_from_connection_status
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.config", line 376, in get_data
RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of %S has been deleted
It doesn't seem to be affecting any of the functionality—the error message notwithstanding, I can add books to the device using the plugin sync—, but I've come to realize that with software, how things seem and how things are are seldom the same.

Last edited by ElMiko; 07-22-2012 at 08:19 AM.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #464
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@ElMiko: I was seeing this too last night with my Kobo but after restarting calibre the error seemed to stop.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #465
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
@PeterT- D'oh! Looks like I committed the cardinal sin of computing: I forgot Step #1 to any troubleshooting scenario — "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

You were right; I restarted calibre, connected the device, and the error message was gone. Thanks.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote