Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by JvdW View Post
What specific things does QT 4.7 add to work with touchscreens?
I have a Mimo 740 touchscreen hanging of my HTPC (Win7) which also downloads some news in the morning and haven't had any problems navigating Calibre with it.

Just curious and going to try it.

Joop
I believe it adds support for gestures, also the touchscreen driver was completely disabled in the Qt 4.6 build of calibre as it caused hangs on some windows installs. I believe the underlying bug has been fixed in 4.7 so I re-enabled it. If 4.6 based calibre was working on your touchscreen device that would have been through the conversion of touchscreen to mouse events.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Sweetpea: I also cannot reproduce this on either XP or 7. I did notice that once in a while a click would be ignored and I would have to move the mouse off the icon, bring it back and click again on XP.
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@Perkin: That would be because of unrelated changes, I'll pass on the info to Starson17 who maintains the merge code.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@Manichean: I've uploaded the updated translations string to launchapd, you should see there there in an hour or so.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:54 AM   #20
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@Sweetpea: I also cannot reproduce this on either XP or 7. I did notice that once in a while a click would be ignored and I would have to move the mouse off the icon, bring it back and click again on XP.
Never had that problem with previous versions (currently using .24). I actually de-installed it, installed .24 again. No problems at all.

I had to kill the entire process at one point, as the right mouse menu didn't show up anymore. And maximizing in the task manager didn't work either.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #21
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Calibre does not support my ereader, I have one of the odd ball readers, its an Aluratek Libra Pro.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:00 AM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Never had that problem with previous versions (currently using .24). I actually de-installed it, installed .24 again. No problems at all.

I had to kill the entire process at one point, as the right mouse menu didn't show up anymore. And maximizing in the task manager didn't work either.
Hmm, can you run it from a command prompt with

calibre-debug -g

and see if anything useful gets printed out.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #23
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
It didn't print anything, if I simply clicked it (normal left mouse click) to open it again from the system tray.

But when I used right mouse click, I got an error message:

Quote:
Starting up...
Using proxies: {'ftp': 'someproxyserver', 'http': 'someproxyserver'}

Started up in 3.67199993134
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\update.py", line 34, in run
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.1.11-py2.6.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line
209, in open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.1.11-py2.6.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line
261, in _mech_open
httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 504: Proxy Timeout ( Connection timed out. Fo
r more information about this event, see ISA Server Help. )

(oh, I'll have to terminate it again by way of the task manager...)

Edit:

Tried to repeat the process.... But now I again don't have the right mouse menu anymore, nor is there an error message...

Last edited by Sweetpea; 11-10-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

that's just the update check failing. OK I'll update to the newly released Qt 4.7.1 and release another build. Hopefully, whatever the issue is has been fixed in 4.7.1
Old 11-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #25
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
@Manichean: I've uploaded the updated translations string to launchapd, you should see there there in an hour or so.
And they're done. I checked there before to see if the translation had somehow changed and didn't see something. I guess I learned something today
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #26
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin
I just merged a few different entries and it did merge the records, but copied the title (and possibly other data) of the to be merged entry over the correct first selected entry.

Re installed normal 7.27 and done exactly same operations and it worked as it should, preserving the first selected entry's data.
Quote:
@Perkin: That would be because of unrelated changes, I'll pass on the info to Starson17 who maintains the merge code.
I'm unable to find any merge code problems on WXP. I tested running from main trunk code, then an uninstall and reinstall the .msi file in Kovid's original post. Is anyone else seeing this? Any steps to reproduce it?

Thanks.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #27
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I do not know which version of 0.7.27 started it but now when I select either convert individually or in bulk, Calibre no longer remembers the last output type, it keeps starting with epub. With 0.7.26 it does remember my previous output type.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #28
acolsandra
Enthusiast
acolsandra began at the beginning.

Device: bebook1, pocketbook 302
I installed it on a windows xp sp3 dutch computer. Didn't notice anything quicker in starting calibre up and that was after I splitted my libraries this afternoon in "old" version 07.27. So it has to read less book on startup.

Opening ebookviewer is very very quick.

I cannot reproduce the problem of sweetpea, I can open it from the system tray with one click (left mouse button).

I can try it on my vista computer later this week, I will let you know my experiences then.

thanks for all your efforts kovid
acolsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #29
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@sweetpea: I've updated the msi to use Qt 4.7.1, see if that helps
Old 11-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #30
SirBC
Connoisseur
SirBC is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Some further testing on the speed of initially opening a book with different formats in the ebook viewer:

Lit: Still very slow (~10 seconds)
Epub: Very fast (< 0.5 seconds)
LRF: Very slow
Mobi: Very fast
PDB: Very fast
PRC: Very fast
SirBC is offline   Reply With Quote