Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
Gregor
Gregor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Yo!

Howdy folks, I'm Gregor and I found myself here via Slashdot...

Had a Kindle2 for a couple of weeks now, and I'm frankly not sure how I survived without it!
Gregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, Gregor, and welcome to MobileRead

Have you seen the books we have free to download here?

You'll want the 'mobipocket' format.

Scour the forums, and enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:21 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi Gregor and welcome to Mobileread

Don't forget to check out the Wiki for additional information...
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Gregor and welcome to MobileRead. After awhile you're going to wonder how you got along without this Forum.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Gregor and welcome to MobileRead. I discovered this place just over a year ago when I was awaiting delivery of my Kindle (first generation). MobileRead is a delightful place to hang out on the Internet and filled with people who are as passionate about reading as I am. My Kindle and Sony readers go with me everywhere and it's so much more convenient to load them up rather than packing numerous paperback books when making a business trip. (It's amazing how *heavy* paper is!)

Since getting my Kindle and Sony, I've "bought" 120 Kindle books from Amazon. Now, I will confess that I put "bought" in quotes because I've taken advantage of almost every free book that they've offered. Even when the book wasn't something that I'd read right away, I went ahead and bought it for $0.00 because I figured I might want to read it later on. I've bought a dozen or so books from Baen and am a very big fan of the fact that buying the book from Baen gives me copies in multiple formats, so I can read the book on whichever reader I choose at the time. I've also bought 3 or 4 multi-format books from Fictionwise.

And, I've certainly taken advantage of the marvelously formatted free books downloaded from here at MobileRead.

We're glad you've joined us. Please jump into any conversations that interest you and help us get to know you better.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote