Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #1306
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 can decode base 64 without using a pencil.Nick_1964 can decode base 64 without using a pencil.Nick_1964 can decode base 64 without using a pencil.Nick_1964 can decode base 64 without using a pencil.Nick_1964 can decode base 64 without using a pencil.Nick_1964 can decode base 64 without using a pencil.Nick_1964 can decode base 64 without using a pencil.Nick_1964 can decode base 64 without using a pencil.Nick_1964 can decode base 64 without using a pencil.Nick_1964 can decode base 64 without using a pencil.Nick_1964 can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Try installing these plugin updates. They support the Glo HD custom device CSS, and they also add a "Disable Hyphenation" option to both conversion settings and driver settings. What this will do is, when converting the book (either from the conversion dialog or in the process of sending the book to the device) a new CSS file will be added to all content files forcing hyphenation to be disabled.
thank, I will fight with this after updating the Glo HD !
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:50 AM   #1307
msmelo
msmelo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Unhappy No KEPUB format option...

[SOLVED - problem between chair and ebook reader - see below]

Quick question (couldn't find an answer when searching here): I installed the Touch Extended, KePub Metadata reader & writer drivers and disabled the "standard" KoboTouch driver in Calibre 2.31.0, and restarted as per the instructions.

When I plug in the Kobo Glo HD and select Device > Configure This Device, KEPUB does appear ticked at the top of the list (and the options panel is definitely the one from Touch Extended, not from the standard driver).

The problem is when I send books from the library, KEPUB doesn't appear when sending specific format.

Solution: The list is of SOURCE formats in the library, not targets DUH! When I send the EPUB it does get to the Glo as .kepub.epub.

Sorry about that!

Last edited by msmelo; 06-27-2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Provide clarification for other people
msmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:24 AM   #1308
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmelo View Post
[SOLVED - problem between chair and ebook reader - see below]

Quick question (couldn't find an answer when searching here): I installed the Touch Extended, KePub Metadata reader & writer drivers and disabled the "standard" KoboTouch driver in Calibre 2.31.0, and restarted as per the instructions.

When I plug in the Kobo Glo HD and select Device > Configure This Device, KEPUB does appear ticked at the top of the list (and the options panel is definitely the one from Touch Extended, not from the standard driver).

The problem is when I send books from the library, KEPUB doesn't appear when sending specific format.

Solution: The list is of SOURCE formats in the library, not targets DUH! When I send the EPUB it does get to the Glo as .kepub.epub.
No, that isn't quite correct. The list is the list of formats supported by the device. The order is the preferred format. When you send a book to the device, calibre looks to see if the book has one of these formats and sends it. If the book has multiple formats, the highest on the list is sent. If listed format is found, it converts one of the others to a format in the list. I assume the conversion is to the first format in the list. And that format is added to the library.

The extended driver is a little different. It respects the list, but if an epub is sent, it converts that to kepub on the fly. And that could mean that calibre does a conversion to epub followed by the driver converting it to kepub.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #1309
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
That's what I would expect. If you try to send a MOBI file using the extended driver and no KePub exists, calibre will convert the MOBI to ePub and the driver week convert the ePub to KePub.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote