Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #16
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Issue with Go to link or Style

XP-SP3, Sigil 0.7.1 (In previous versions all good)

On this link: <a href="../Text/indice.xhtml#i1-1">, right click and select: Go to Link Or Style.
View Image opens , empty of course, and with this warning:
Image does not exist: .. / Text / indice.xhtml # i1-1
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #17
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
XP-SP3, Sigil 0.7.1 (In previous versions all good)

On this link: <a href="../Text/indice.xhtml#i1-1">, right click and select: Go to Link Or Style.
View Image opens , empty of course, and with this warning:
Image does not exist: .. / Text / indice.xhtml # i1-1
Yep, a bug - and a pretty obvious one I missed. Thanks. As a workaround, right-click on the link and select Go To.. or use the shortcut.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #18
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
With the "workaround", using the menu or the shortcut... does not matter. View Image always opens with his warning.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #19
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Yeah, makes sense.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #20
Dillinquent
eBook pro
Dillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toys

Device: PC, iPad, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Ace
Excellent!
Sigil is a pleasure to use and shows just what open source collaboration can achieve.
Dillinquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please change the CSS Validation level to 3. level 2.1 just doesn't work in all cases and does generate errors especially with embedded fonts.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #22
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
Hi,

In my windows xp sp3 with 2 gb 0.7.0 crashes also does 0.7.1.
With windows 7 i've no problem running it.

Thx.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchamaco View Post
Hi,

In my windows xp sp3 with 2 gb 0.7.0 crashes also does 0.7.1.
With windows 7 i've no problem running it.

Thx.
Uninstall, get a fresh download from the official site only. (disable your A/V while downloading might help, but should not be needed with most)
You could locate the (normally hidden) configuration folder and delete/rename sigil.ini. You will lose your settings.)
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\<yourlogonnamehere>\Local Settings\Application Data\sigil-ebook
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #24
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please change the CSS Validation level to 3. level 2.1 just doesn't work in all cases and does generate errors especially with embedded fonts.
EPUB 2 CSS is based on CSS 2. Changing it to 3 won't make any sense because that's even further form EPUB 2's CSS than CSS 2.1.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #25
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It depends on what you think is more important. I would say I'd prefer to avoid false negatives than false positives, at least non-syntax issues (those that can make ADE ignore the whole stylesheet).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #26
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Are tooltips available in the Qt package or would they be an extra thing to do.? It would be nice, if it weren't much work, to have tooltips show links in book view. It is just one of those would be nice things.

Recurring to S/R limited by some sort of marker, that would be very useful. I am fighting with tables and it would be nice to strip all of the alignment data just out of one table to see what happens. I would not have formatted things this way, but I don't have the original to just put in images of the @#$#$ things, so I am stuck with I have to work with.

One other suggestion, if feasible and not much work: A function that would eliminate links outside the epub. It would need to be used with caution for those who imported work full of such links that should really point inside.

Last edited by mrmikel; 03-09-2013 at 02:09 PM.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #27
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Uninstall, get a fresh download from the official site only. (disable your A/V while downloading might help, but should not be needed with most)
You could locate the (normally hidden) configuration folder and delete/rename sigil.ini. You will lose your settings.)
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\<yourlogonnamehere>\Local Settings\Application Data\sigil-ebook
Thanks it worked. Then I configured the options and new crash but i found the problem. I use a hunspell dictionary with 1.097.557 words (compressed in 224.419)
When i use the dictionary sigil 0.7 and 0.7.1 crashed, 0.6 and lower works.

Probably 0.7 needs more ram?
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:27 AM   #28
jasonga
jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
Is there any way to stop Sigil automatically removing all nbsp? That's messing up my files somewhat. I tried turning off the automatic clean source option, but it didn't stop it.

(In a related request - are older installers for Sigil kept anywhere? I only have the installer for 0.6.0, and see that 0.7.0 isn't on the website any more).
jasonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:46 AM   #29
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonga View Post
(In a related request - are older installers for Sigil kept anywhere? I only have the installer for 0.6.0, and see that 0.7.0 isn't on the website any more).
https://code.google.com/p/sigil/down...+DownloadCount
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:03 AM   #30
jasonga
jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Thanks! I thought I told the site to give me the full list, but obviously I wasn't
jasonga is offline   Reply With Quote