Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Sigil 0.5.3 Released

Sigil 0.5.3 is now available for download. This is a maintenance release and does not include any new features. Just bug fixes.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Sigil 0.5.3 is now available for download. This is a maintenance release and does not include any new features. Just bug fixes.
Thanks. I see you have now 64bit versions of Linux, so I gather you got a new build machine :-)
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Excellent, I've been waffling between 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 to get all the features I needed (and editing images in the hard way when that didn't work).

Thanks for putting in the time to improve the software I use so much!
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Thanks. I see you have now 64bit versions of Linux, so I gather you got a new build machine :-)
Not quite. I bought VMWare Fusion and an external USB hard drive. I'm running Linux in a VM off of the external drive on my Macbook Air. Only takes 40ish minutes to make a package this way but $130 sounded a bit better than the cost of buying a new computer. Especially when the machine would only be used for building packages.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
mtrahan
Colonel Mustard
mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPhone 6, Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad 2
So far so good, except a strange thing with non-breaking spaces... Sometimes they don't seem taken into account by the book viewer. See this screenshot, on the first line there is a non-breaking space between 'fenêtres' and '»' — as shown in the code, last line of the screenshot —, but it's not working.

No biggie though as I guess it will work as usual on other reading devices.

I don't see any mistake on my side on that one, but I could be wrong (too long day).

Thanks again for the good work,

Michael
mtrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
I was glad to get F&R back for All Files but have had some unexplained crashes which haven't followed a pattern. Once while doing a find for all files on a term that wasn't in the files anywhere and once while looking for the About Sigil info. The About Sigil menu item didn't appear on the Sigil main menu but did appear after restarting the program. I may delete all the files and reinstall. Using Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
--MH

Last edited by dynabook; 02-25-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added info.
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Hm, it seems as though I get crashes when I try to search for something in the stylesheet with "All HTML files" selected and the stylesheet has focus. Trying the same search while I'm working in something other than the stylesheet just returns 'no matches.'

(Searching "current file only" in the stylesheet works fine.)
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:12 AM   #8
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
Hm, it seems as though I get crashes when I try to search for something in the stylesheet with "All HTML files" selected and the stylesheet has focus. Trying the same search while I'm working in something other than the stylesheet just returns 'no matches.'

This seems to work ok for me on Ubuntu 11.10. Could you provide details on what you are doing.
e.g. Ubuntu 11.10, open an epub (I'm using one with a couple large files, but if you have an epub that fails can you provide a copy?), open Find&Replace, set Normal, All HTML Files, Down, open a stylesheet, close other tabs, enter "the" or any word in the book, click in stylesheet, type Ctrl-G to find next. This works ok. If I enter "anywordnotfoundinthebook" and do the find, I just get no matches as expected.

Last edited by meme; 02-26-2012 at 04:49 AM.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
New S/R issue ?

I got some Text withing the EPUB as follows:

Code:
<i>[Some Footnote]</i>
I'm going to replace the tags:
Code:
Search: <i>(\[.*?\])</i>
Replace: <span class="footnote">\1</span>
Regex.dotall, All Html-Files
There are about 100 positions to be changed in the EPUB. I used a step by step replace. Far too late i discovered, that sometimes the replacement is just "<span class="footnote">\1</span>". (\1 is not replaced with the contents of the group.)

After all i counted and found 30 occourrences, where the reference to the group was not resolved.

This will only happen in a "step by step" s/r, not with "replace all"

Last edited by mmat1; 02-26-2012 at 09:27 AM.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #10
bkkelch
bkkelch is no ebook tyro.bkkelch is no ebook tyro.bkkelch is no ebook tyro.bkkelch is no ebook tyro.bkkelch is no ebook tyro.bkkelch is no ebook tyro.bkkelch is no ebook tyro.bkkelch is no ebook tyro.bkkelch is no ebook tyro.bkkelch is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook ST
new s/r issue

I can confirm the problem from Rand Brittain.
If you start a search inside the stylesheet and there is no hit anywhere, the program will terminate. I'm using Windows 7 64bit.
bkkelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #11
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
me too. Win7 64
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Not quite. I bought VMWare Fusion and an external USB hard drive. I'm running Linux in a VM off of the external drive on my Macbook Air. Only takes 40ish minutes to make a package this way but $130 sounded a bit better than the cost of buying a new computer. Especially when the machine would only be used for building packages.
Being one of these linux 64bit users, i appreciate it
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The stylesheet search, no find. Ce..rashes on XP SP3
I am heading back to 5.1
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #14
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post

I can also confirm this bug (Sigil 0.5.3 using Windows XP SP3). FWIW, Sigil 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 did not crash under these same circumstances.

Last edited by yekim54; 02-26-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: added 0.5.2
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #15
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Ok, I can duplicate this on Windows, but not on Ubuntu.

But just to be clear - this is only an issue if you are on a stylesheet (and possibly any non-html tab) and do a search on All HTML files (which obviously doesn't include the stylesheet anyway, although I can see why it would be a common search). If you are on an html tab and do the all html search, it should work. And it seems to be fine if you are on a non-html tab and the search is found.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote