Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 04:52 AM   #16
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmthokku View Post
Thank you! fixed it. So now we start xournal from the programs folder each time? Is it possible to multitask with it? If I choose to go back to the home page , how do I get back to xournal? In this situation, if i try choosing xournal.desktop from programs, it says "xournal.desktop" cannot be opened. Am I supposed to get a xournal icon on the home screen? I dont have one.
I have a DR1000, so for me this is not a problem, I recognise that it is a problem for the DR800, so for the next release I will try to see if changing the parameters for the startupComplete-system-call will bring back xournal to the front when clicking xournal.desktop again.
An alternative is indeed the DR800+ package as indicated by catharsis, which will enable the taskbar that also is available on the DR1000. This allows easy switching between 'active' applications.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #17
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Xournal-dr-0.6

I updated the first message with a new update for Xournal with:
- Disable multidoc, now clicking on xournal-shortcut again will bring running xournal-instance to front.
Specially usefull for DR800 owners (without the DR800+ patch from Iņigo). A running instance of xournal can now be brought to the front by clicking on the Xournal.desktop file again.
- Properly closing metadata.db file after importing scribbles
Someone reported that his metadata.db file of the folder in which he added a lot of annotations and merged using xournal, got corrupt after some time. Not sure if xournal is the cause and if this solves it. But it is better to close the file properly.
- Add .xoj file with tag:xournal and .pdg with tag:book
Currently all files created with xournal get a xournal-tag (also pdf-files). This fixes that behaviour.
- fast updates in xournal-statusbar lead to no updates at all, now using timer
The display timer has a timeout, where it waits some time after an update request is received, however, if they keep coming within the timeout, display updates keep on being postponed, leading to no updates for a long time.
Please keep giving your feedback.
Marcel.
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #18
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I updated the first message with a new update for Xournal
[...]
_install/installXournalConfig.sh: why not a simple "mv" instead of cp & rm?

It runs perfectly, good work!
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:10 AM   #19
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
_install/installXournalConfig.sh: why not a simple "mv" instead of cp & rm?

It runs perfectly, good work!
Yes you are right, I can change it to a single line. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #20
jbbebg
Enthusiast
jbbebg began at the beginning.

Device: prs 500, prs 505, Irex Iliad, Irex Digital
Dear Mackx, dear all,

I still comparing the advantage comparing to version made for 1.71.
- Actually large files are opened faster; alternate pressing the tab increase speed.
- The continue rendering the screen when a word with one movement is finished really disturb my scribbling. I have tow wait for a second that the rendering is finished, otherwise my pen doesn't leave track in a range of determine time.
- Fine pen track becomes almost invisible. Scribbling was more smoothly in 1.71 version.
Finally I am returning back to 1.71, fine scribbling in xournal is very important benefit for me.
Thank you Mackx for taking all efforts to improve the software. I just wish to encourage you, that you are on the right way and still asking why 1.71 is more suitable for xournal.

Thank you,
Regards
Jbbebg
jbbebg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #21
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbebg View Post
Dear Mackx, dear all,

I still comparing the advantage comparing to version made for 1.71.
- Actually large files are opened faster; alternate pressing the tab increase speed.
I added an experimental mode to the 0.5 version that disables anti-aliasing, this improved the (loading/displaying) speed considerably, unfortunately it makes the scribbles 'jaggie'. I think most of the time is spend in the anti-aliasing. I do not really understand where the difference in opening speed between R1.7.1 and R2.0 comes from. I will put it on my todo list, but this will probably take a lot of time and switching between firmwares.
I will also check to see why the screen is not always correctly updated after the loading of a file.
Quote:
- The continue rendering the screen when a word with one movement is finished really disturb my scribbling. I have tow wait for a second that the rendering is finished, otherwise my pen doesn't leave track in a range of determine time.
Yes this has to do with the way xournal handles scribbles and the changes in the firmware for R2.0. The new firmware provides some functions that I may use to make the 'feeling' better. Otherwise I need to rewrite how xournal handles screen updates.
Quote:
- Fine pen track becomes almost invisible. Scribbling was more smoothly in 1.71 version.
Do you mean on the screen or in the generated pdf? I shall check this.
Quote:
Finally I am returning back to 1.71, fine scribbling in xournal is very important benefit for me.
Thank you Mackx for taking all efforts to improve the software. I just wish to encourage you, that you are on the right way and still asking why 1.71 is more suitable for xournal.

Thank you,
Regards
Jbbebg
Thanks for your feedback. Note that I am currently concentrating on the firmware updates so xournal updates are at a lower rate at this moment.

Regards,
Marcel.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #22
jbbebg
Enthusiast
jbbebg began at the beginning.

Device: prs 500, prs 505, Irex Iliad, Irex Digital
Thank you Mackx,

Yes, I mean on the screen.

Regards,
Janez
jbbebg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #23
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Mackx,
I've been trying out your latest version & it doesn't seem to update the screen when writing as quickly?smoothly as the old version (advanced refresh is selected) I too have noticed that it is a bit more jagged than previous (with the middle pen). I never could write neatly enough to use the fine one

Otherwise, I still use it all the time. Thanks for the efforts. I have also loaded your latest R.2 patch but so far not seen much difference in the limited use I've had since changing.

regards, Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #24
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Thank you Mackx,

Yes, I mean on the screen.

Regards,
Janez
I just tried and see what you mean.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:04 AM   #25
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

mackx
In the latest version it doesn't appear to save the preferences. At least not when I try. Neither auto save nor a direct save. Whenever I start xournal it always returns to the default settings.
Howard
Old 09-09-2010, 06:15 AM   #26
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
mackx
In the latest version it doesn't appear to save the preferences. At least not when I try. Neither auto save nor a direct save. Whenever I start xournal it always returns to the default settings.
Howard
Hi Howard,

The place where the preferences are stored has changed form the 0.4 to the 0.5 version. Maybe it is related to that. Can you check if you have a \Programs\_config\.xournal-folder on your SDCard containing the file: config?
(Note that folders starting with a dot are not always shown on all operating systems.)
If not maybe it helps to create the \Programs\_config folder, or run the copyXournalConfig-script (icon is in Programs/Install) on your DR.

Marcel.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #27
pthwaite
Fanatic

Thanks Marcel,
That's done the trick
Old 09-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #28
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Thanks Marcel,
That's done the trick
The copyXournalConfig-script or creating the folder?
(might be usefull for other user, and I might need to change my install script ).
Old 09-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #29
pthwaite
Fanatic

Sorry Mackx,
I tried creating the folder but no change, but I ran the script and it's worked since then

regards, Howard
Old 09-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #30
Mackx
Guru

Thanks for the info, I will see how I can improve my installation script (or xournal code).

Tags
xournal