Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
EPUB-Only (No Kindle) US Overdrive Titles

Last week I noticed an eBook available for US library borrowing, via Overdrive, in EPUB format only. Spending a few minutes at search.overdrive.com, I found two more. The titles:

Crash Out: The True Tale of a Hell's Kitchen Kid and the Bloodiest Escape in Sing Sing History

Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010

Passionate Minds: Emilie du Chatelet, Voltaire, and the Great Love Affair of the Enlightenment

Does anyone have an idea how common this is? Is is a policy issue, or more a matter of human error concerning uncommon titles?

While I like my Kindle Keyboard, if I keep on hitting against this, it will make me jealous of you Nook and Sony (and all other eReaders) people.

P.S. It may be noticed that my three examples are from the same publisher. This may be an artifact of how I narrowed down titles to find examples. Without more evidence, I wouldn't make too much of these being all from Crown Publishing Group, especially because the vast majority of Crown overdrive books are, in the US, both EPUB and Kindle.

P.P.S. I thought of putting this on the Kindle forum here. But Kindle owners, by limiting searches to the Kindle format, may be unlikely to notice what they are missing.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
jtdolphins
Zealot
jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, Kindle3
Same thing happens at my library, here in PA. They started adding Kindle books end of last year, so I hope it gets better in time.

We do miss out on a lot of the books. Now my mom's library is a lot better for kindle owners. Just depends on where you live.
jtdolphins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
All three titles are available in the US Kindle store, and Random House is supposed to be the only big six publisher which favors lending libraries (Fair Trade: Random House Will Raise Library E-book Prices, But Commits to E-Book Lending). So I'm not sure why these are not available.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote